U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:09 AM

528 posts, read 784,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
The horse people around me are yuppies and idots.They all have those nicly painted black or white board fences, Mow the pasture as much as they do the lawn and remove all trees from the pasture. Of course the horse is misrable, no shade, no deep grass to swing the head thru to remove the flies or roll in. But their place shure looks like the pictures in Country Life Magazine.
Peta auto stomp on their heads the way the horses are treated.

Al
I hear ya Al. With the weather swinging from one extreme to the other so long this year we've been "gonna do" a bunch but it took 5 times longer than it should have. We haven't finished a quarter of what we'd hoped to.... But we'll get there. Hopefully we'll have some cooler days.

Once we finish fencing the pasture I'll turn the girls out and take a picture. Long grass (thought we had to pull a deer tick off me when I was tromping through it putting up markers.... EW! I do not like ticks! I have one rare disease, that's more than enough!). Only one tree, it was sheep pasture before, but we'll put in a mix of windbreaks and shade trees, and we'll get up a pasture shelter next summer....

My husband's sisters have a good amount of land. Their houses look like they belong in some magazine. I like stuff you can plant and ignore and it looks pretty. Do a little spring and fall cleaning, and you're done. Why do I need a lawnmower? I have horses. I'm coveting goats. I have brush that needs clearing. I'd much rather take my "lawnmower" out on a leash and sit in a camp chair with a cool glass of tea and look at my pretty land.

I'm the queen of work smarter, not harder....

Canudigit, my mustangs are used to cold though I have to say the cold is a little longer and colder here. But the heat and humidity Ruby thinks is the pits. There's one nice big shade tree in the pasture, we didn't get trees planted in the spring, but I'll be getting some planted in the fall...

'course I think they'd trade today's wind for yesterday's heat. They're not enjoying the flapping at all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 11:11 AM

1,856 posts, read 3,095,191 times
Its a whooping 96 degrees and the humidity is 107 in atlanta...so quit complaining

i'll trade places anyday

Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 AM

4,486 posts, read 7,754,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
Its a whooping 96 degrees and the humidity is 107 in atlanta...so quit complaining

i'll trade places anyday
Cool! Someone in the Southeast who would rather be in Michigan! Please tell everyone here on C-D, but they'll still never believe you, lol.

idw2s,

We used to have some 4-H goats and our fence lines never looked better, like they were professionally trimmed with a weed eater every day of the year. Goats won't graze in the field, though, they are picky and only like tall weeds. For brush in the field, you need some sheep. There you go--goats, sheep, horses--a regular hobby farm!

Old 06-01-2011, 11:31 AM

[quote=canudigit;19399293]Cool! Someone in the Southeast who would rather be in Michigan! Please tell everyone here on C-D, but they'll still never believe you, lol.

we will be joining you real soon....just trying to decide on the right area.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 AM

4,486 posts, read 7,754,813 times
[quote=DONNIEANDDONNA417;19399516]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Cool! Someone in the Southeast who would rather be in Michigan! Please tell everyone here on C-D, but they'll still never believe you, lol.

we will be joining you real soon....just trying to decide on the right area.
Awesome! Welcome in advance!

Old 06-01-2011, 11:51 AM

1,711 posts, read 2,719,927 times
lol.... and all that lilly white flesh is turning lobster red right now. Reminds me of back in 01 when I lived there, it got hot and I started calling Sears, Wal-Mart, Abc warehouse, everywhere and they all said, sorry ,no wall unit AC's....... we're sold out.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,383 times
Thats michigan, feast or famine! fall is great. Its still snowing in colorado

Old 06-01-2011, 01:25 PM

4,121 posts, read 7,955,189 times
Ill take 20-30 days of hot and humid a year over 70-80-90 and more any day. But... when it does get hot, we have so many lakes its fast and easy to get cooled off in a hurry. Michigan is awesome!

Old 06-01-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Ill take 20-30 days of hot and humid a year over 70-80-90 and more any day. But... when it does get hot, we have so many lakes its fast and easy to get cooled off in a hurry. Michigan is awesome!
you guys are so blessed....i could stand the heat too if there was a lake nearby to wash it off.....our nearest lake is lake lanier and its drying up...oh well ice water here I come

Old 06-01-2011, 01:44 PM

4,121 posts, read 7,955,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
you guys are so blessed....i could stand the heat too if there was a lake nearby to wash it off.....our nearest lake is lake lanier and its drying up...oh well ice water here I come
Awe....we've had so much rain, I think we've added a few hundred lakes to our state, and are bringing up the water levels in our bigger ones!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or