Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 12:42 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,981,130 times

Advertisements

Love what he's done so far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 12:44 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,896,967 times
Yeah...Snyder sucks...
Politics-State | Budget chief Nixon optimistic about Michigan's credit rating | The Detroit News (http://www.detnews.com/article/20110614/POLITICS02/106140419/1361/Budget-chief-Nixon-optimistic-about-Michigan-s-credit-rating - broken link)

Old 06-15-2011, 08:10 AM

362 posts, read 695,597 times
I am sure I missed the cut off date by a few months on my pension being taxed so some company can pay less taxes and even give a raise to a CEO.

It took that slap upside my head to discover I do not have to pay $100.00 out of my own pocket every 60 days for my insulin, tax payers are going to pick up that tab now plus what the insurance I had at one time paid.

It took that slap up side my head to discover that I no longer had to pay $75.00 for the doctors office call, you tax payers now get to pay that cost puls what th einsurance company used to pay.

It took that slap up side the head to relize I no longer had to pay any type of co pay for any of the other meds I have to take which amounted to about $40.00 a month, you tax payers get to do that payment too.

Still when I see that recall I will sign it. I seem to remember his election ads saying he was going to create jobs, seems that was the ad ran the most also. I can not see one job he or his taxing the retires created. I have not seen any plan on how he plans of creating jobs in Michigan either except more tax cuts for bussiness. I don't want to hear about the bridge work either since we could not afford it under the past govener. I also have Canadain friends and they are not so sure that Michigan will get the money form them for a bridge either. Plus one of the Detroit TV stations did a new story on the bridge thing while we paid for the vacation to Macinaw Island for the elected. that story said we the tax payers wouldhave to pay back at some point the any money from Canada & the Feds for that bridge. they also reported that the people who own the present bridgewant to build a bridge. Why not let them, still makes jobs doesn't it?

Also saw a TV report on teachers by state who would not return to teaching in the 2012 school year. can't remember the number for Michigan but was more that 30%, as was Ohio and the worst was Wisconsin at 96%.

Kids in America don't stand a chance if they only have a 3 R education. they have to be ronded out with languages for the jobs in and dealing with forgin countrys, they need much more that the 3 R's today. Even the market to be on a sports team has expanded to other countrys.

Al

Al

Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 AM

I dont understand the recall? If Snyder is recalled...who takes his place? And when all these same people get pissed at the new person who took his place...then what? There is NO ONE who will replace Gov. Snyder who will be able to please everyone. That has never happened...never will. There has to be some TOUGH choices being made to help this state, and Gov. Snyder is doing that. I dont understand what these people want??

Old 06-15-2011, 09:32 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,600,127 times
Quote:
I can not see one job he or his taxing the retires created. I have not seen any plan on how he plans of creating jobs in Michigan either except more tax cuts for bussiness.
Politicians are not supposed to "create jobs." If we can get our politicians to stop trying to "create jobs" we will be a lot better off. The only way a politician can actually create a job is to spend tax dollars, and probably in an inefficient manner.

We need businesses to hire people because demand for product forces them to hire people. That's the only kind of job creation that I want to see at this point. We don't need politicians to look for ways to brag about "creating jobs" while also wasting our tax dollars. Businesses will create jobs when demand tells them to. Politicians need to lead, legislate, and spend tax dollars responsibly on essential services. The end.

Quote:
I dont understand the recall? If Snyder is recalled...who takes his place? And when all these same people get pissed at the new person who took his place...then what? There is NO ONE who will replace Gov. Snyder who will be able to please everyone. That has never happened...never will. There has to be some TOUGH choices being made to help this state, and Gov. Snyder is doing that. I dont understand what these people want??
I don't understand it either. Since when did we start recalling governors just because we don't like them or we disagree with what they're doing? We might as well recall every governor in every state after every election now. Snyder's decisions aren't popular with everyone, but the guy is doing his job and it's not a job that I would wish on anyone.

Last edited by michigan83; 06-15-2011 at 09:43 AM..

Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,981,130 times
Malcontents always look for ways to vent. I welcome the effort ... the recall will be tromped so soundly it will actually bolster his public standing.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:37 PM

97 posts, read 432,647 times
Everyone I know hates the man. Everyone I know is making it a point to be sign the petition. Even people that usually don't care about politics at all.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
Malcontents always look for ways to vent. I welcome the effort ... the recall will be tromped so soundly it will actually bolster his public standing.
I agree...but this state has seemed to turn the corner, and is heading in the right direction. Now these people want to throw the captain overboard. And I'm sure half the people who will be signing, have no idea whatsoever why...except by what the people who are asking them to sign are telling them.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:41 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,303,613 times
The hypocrisy is hilarious. Governor Snyder has been in office for just about six months and people are screaming for him to be recalled because they don't see that he has created any jobs yet. These same people voted for Obama, who promised to create jobs over three years ago...ahem...anyone seen any evidence of that yet? No? Didn't think so. Not to mention all of the other things that the poor, incompetent guy promised that have not only not happened but have, in fact, slidden further in the opposite direction. You could just laugh if this guy wasn't so detrimental to the wellbeing of our country.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvelocity View Post
Everyone I know hates the man. Everyone I know is making it a point to be sign the petition. Even people that usually don't care about politics at all.
Comon...ask them why and I'll bet you they just repeat what they hear from others. This state is in the best shape it has been in a long time and people want to Snyders head??? Who do these people want to replace him with and for what? What do they think a "New" guy will do and how?? All people want to hear is "elect me and I will lower your taxes and create a million jobs" and boom...he gets their vote. At least Gov. Snyder looks to be someone who will never take sides, or embarrass us with some kind of scandal....come on people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan