Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 11:35 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,604,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A rich puke who has no idea how people have to grub and scratch to make a living with wages of $75,000 a year and less. has no clue what it really cost to buy a home car/truck and pay the insurances and taxes on them. Not a glimmer of how much of a persons wages goes just to buy food and gasoline to JUST go to work. Probably thinks Michigans minium wage is way to high also and should be reduced to bring in new work to the state.
Every one gets to bear the burden though!!! exceptthe rich
I think y'all are nuts. Try to take off the political blinders for a sec and ask yourselves a few questions.

Do you really think the guy would become governor "just to help his rich friends"? Aren't there easier ways to help his rich friends? Why would he put himself in the position of being such a hated man? Do you honestly think it's because he doesn't like poor people or public schools? Does that really make any sense?

Lets try to put the hate and politics aside and be reasonable people. No one is going to go through the hassle of being elected governor and making 50% of the population dislike you just so that he can screw everyone over on purpose. Not a chance. It's OK to disagree, but the Hitler comparisons and screaming bloody murder are a little over the top. He is not intentionally destroying Michigan. It is not in his best interests in any way to intentionally destroy the state. Good grief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 12:39 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
I think y'all are nuts. Try to take off the political blinders for a sec and ask yourselves a few questions.

Do you really think the guy would become governor "just to help his rich friends"? Aren't there easier ways to help his rich friends? Why would he put himself in the position of being such a hated man? Do you honestly think it's because he doesn't like poor people or public schools? Does that really make any sense?

Lets try to put the hate and politics aside and be reasonable people. No one is going to go through the hassle of being elected governor and making 50% of the population dislike you just so that he can screw everyone over on purpose. Not a chance. It's OK to disagree, but the Hitler comparisons and screaming bloody murder are a little over the top. He is not intentionally destroying Michigan. It is not in his best interests in any way to intentionally destroy the state. Good grief.
What you say makes a reasonable approach to a lot of crazy talk and agenda driven right wing people out there. It would seem to most of us that their end goal is all that matters. That end goal is called" values" by many of those who are running for National office. These so called values can take front and center, they can drive people to act beyond any reasonable thoughts and policys. I do beleave that some out there are wiling to tank the Country just to get their fath based agenda laws passed. It is sad we have such a division between politics, times have never been worse than they are now.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:51 PM

11 posts, read 26,870 times
To those believing in the [ lower taxes equal more jobs] fairy tale, please let me give you a taste of reality. I own a small electrical contracting company in Florida[I am a former Michigander which is why I lurk here, reading posts and fighting off homesickness] If the government gave me a $10,000 tax credit, how many $35,000 per year plus benefits electricians should I hire with my $10,000 tax savings? What would I have them do, without the customer base to support them? Big business has $2 trillion in cash reserves from what I read somewhere, If that huge cash reserve won't get them hiring, I can't imagine a tax break will. Sorry I got a little longwinded, but I had to put in my nickel's worth. Also welcome back Darstar,missed your down to earth post's.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea911 View Post
To those believing in the [ lower taxes equal more jobs] fairy tale, please let me give you a taste of reality. I own a small electrical contracting company in Florida[I am a former Michigander which is why I lurk here, reading posts and fighting off homesickness] If the government gave me a $10,000 tax credit, how many $35,000 per year plus benefits electricians should I hire with my $10,000 tax savings? What would I have them do, without the customer base to support them? Big business has $2 trillion in cash reserves from what I read somewhere, If that huge cash reserve won't get them hiring, I can't imagine a tax break will. Sorry I got a little longwinded, but I had to put in my nickel's worth. Also welcome back Darstar,missed your down to earth post's.
You are welcome. fate will tell if I continue on a regular basis,.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:34 PM

996 posts, read 1,897,269 times
I'm sorry, I'm not a Michigander, but Michigan HAS to cut spending in EVERY area. When Detroit drops 237,493people from 2000 to 2010 you can't choose to spend more. That's unacceptable. Michigan was the ONLY state to go DOWN in population in 2010 census.

Michigan is in big trouble, and Governor Snyder is working his butt off to reverse the moronic policies implemented by BOTH major parties.

Something needs to change in Michigan, even if some important programs must be cut. It's too late to pick and choose which programs to cut. The state is bleeding to death, and it's sad to watch whether you are from Michigan, or if your an American looking on.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
I'm sorry, I'm not a Michigander, but Michigan HAS to cut spending in EVERY area. When Detroit drops 237,493people from 2000 to 2010 you can't choose to spend more. That's unacceptable. Michigan was the ONLY state to go DOWN in population in 2010 census.

Michigan is in big trouble, and Governor Snyder is working his butt off to reverse the moronic policies implemented by BOTH major parties.

Something needs to change in Michigan, even if some important programs must be cut. It's too late to pick and choose which programs to cut. The state is bleeding to death, and it's sad to watch whether you are from Michigan, or if your an American looking on.
We need to stop all wars as a first cut !!

Old 06-23-2011, 07:09 AM

105 posts, read 148,047 times
So the rich puke sees Michigan is in trouble so out of the kindness of his heart he decided to run for the highest state office to fix the broken state. I don't think so there is/was a agenda behind it. Like a national office down the road.

Then the first step is to make sure bussiness gets a tax cut.
If the tax cut isn't big enough so you can hire another person then why should you get one? If the tax cut isn't big enough you can give your workers a pay raise then why should you get one? OH that money sure feels good in your pocket don't it? ever think of the elderly and kids it was robbed from?

50% of the people of the state doesn't like him statement isn't true either. Only about 28% of the people even vote in the state and the other 72 % could care less either way is why they don't vote, we get screwed by either party I've heard a million times.

I still am waiting to see the shared burden by the wealthy.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:14 PM

97 posts, read 432,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
You know a lot of ignorant people. These people are simply the ones who sucked off the old regime. People need to learn that government spending has to be reduced to sustainable levels. Governments aren't in the "job creating" business. The way to job creation is via the private sector; the best thing that government can do is get out of the way by lowering taxes and decreasing the regulation burden on private businesses. Snyder seems to understand this.

Any recall effort is simply a bunch of poor losers trying to change the outcome of an election. This guy did more good for the state in 6 months than Granholm did in two terms. If you want a change of power, vote in the next election -- don't try to circumvent the system.
The people I know are University professors, Doctors and long time social workers with the state of Michigan. I doubt they were sucking anything. I also do not recall insulting anyone in my post. I simply stated my experiences with others that know more than I do.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:19 AM

864 posts, read 1,720,638 times
Professors -- NEA, research grants, state university - government money
Doctors - Medicare/Medicaid -- government money
Social workers -- state funded - government money

I'm not trying to be insulting but you have to see that the people you mentioned have a vested interest in increased government spending. I'm sure all of the state workers feel the same way. If there's any government money involved, they are sucking off the system. The workers at businesses which have no government dependence generally want the spending to decrease to levels that current revenues can sustain. That probably means downsizing the government but that almost never happens -- hopefully Snyder can make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvelocity View Post
The people I know are University professors, Doctors and long time social workers with the state of Michigan. I doubt they were sucking anything. I also do not recall insulting anyone in my post. I simply stated my experiences with others that know more than I do.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:06 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post

I was just there and it's a noticeable difference already. It is pretty amazing how quickly Snyder is changing things around. The gloom and doom seems gone, people are working and there is more optimism than I've seen for some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan