Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 08:10 AM

105 posts, read 148,063 times

Advertisements

Isn't just the unions behind this recall. ARRP is also part of it along with some PTA chapters and many citizens who have open eyes and do not see the job being done that the campaign kept touting.

In a poll shown on TV4 Detroit Saturday morning news tricky ricky could not win the election today. Less than 30% would vote for again him today.

Sour grapes seems to be from those who think that the recall effort should be made against the law. Not the people who are doing the recall, signing the petions and trying to remove from office a bad Politian.

Michigan’s problems didn't start with Granhom either!! The huge budget short fall started long before she took office. Plus if she was so bad I wonder how she got elected so often?

Cuts of over one billion were made to Michigan schools. Some districts’ have sent out notices to parents they will have to find a way to get their children to school as the district can not afford bussing any longer

Over 200 million cut from colleges and universities. Most have raised the tuition the max allowed to avoid more cuts. Now some families who were on the brink will not be able to send their child to a higher learning center.

The earned income tax credit raised taxes on working families and the new tax on seniors who now will be paying a income tax on their pension, for many a unplanned expense of their retirement.

the good news is the 1.8 billion tax give away to companies. Companies like insurance, oil companies, banks, dow and many other companyies who are making record profits for example.

We Are The People Michigan - Take Action - Save Our State

Budget « We Are The People
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 08:15 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,619,168 times
Cuts of over one billion were made to Michigan schools. Some districts’ have sent out notices to parents they will have to find a way to get their children to school as the district can not afford bussing any longer

I assume these schools which cannot afford bussing have eliminated all school-funded sports activities.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:46 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail twister View Post

Which ones and please post a link showing this. Otherwise it is just another story whose veracity is dubious at best. One article you linked to mentioned one school district that used it as an example and didn't actually say they HAD cut the transportation, just that such a drastic action would only save 1 million out of their supposed 4.4 million shortfall if they did cut it. Which other districts make up the "some districts" part of your statement?

Old 08-08-2011, 06:29 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,605,145 times
I would be concerned if Snyder's approval rating WASN'T dropping. We're not going to fix Michigan by making easy decisions or keeping everyone happy.

I, for one, am thankful that we elected a governor who is more concerned with doing his job than having high approval ratings or getting re-elected. Anyone can do that. The fact that some people are so mad tells me that he is doing something that politicians almost NEVER do... making tough decisions.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
I would be concerned if Snyder's approval rating WASN'T dropping. We're not going to fix Michigan by making easy decisions or keeping everyone happy.

I, for one, am thankful that we elected a governor who is more concerned with doing his job than having high approval ratings or getting re-elected. Anyone can do that. The fact that some people are so mad tells me that he is doing something that politicians almost NEVER do... making tough decisions.
100% correct. The fact that everybody seems pissed off means he is doing it fairly and not playing favorites.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:24 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post

Absolutely right. he seems to have a plan...and a mission, and is staying true to his course no matter what. So refreshing....

Old 08-08-2011, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,193 times
Hey Twister!!what ya trying to convince these repukes that the great roid is doing this to better their rich selves. I see you noticed the rich didn't get touched. I also see that after 8 months old trick rick still hasn't released a jobs for Michigan plan.

Send me a PM and I'll turn you on to some good snomobileing people. I liked your dreaming of better days post.
I.m going back where the men are real men and the women are pretty.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:05 PM

105 posts, read 148,063 times
S hunter PM sent. Ya aint talking thunder bucks?

Old 08-08-2011, 02:24 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,774 times
Looks like love...

Old 08-08-2011, 02:55 PM

Ah, come on now, even Trolls need lovin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan