Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 05:13 PM

13 posts, read 49,376 times

Advertisements

I'm living in Marquette. Welcome to our neck of the woods Torrid. Weather's beautiful up here today blue skies, sunshine, lake was calm, and temp in the mid 70's. Took a drive from Marquette along the Lake Superior lakeshore through Munising down to Manistique today for a soccer game and then back along the Lake Michigan shore through Escanaba and back to Marquette. I kept thinking to myself how pretty the U.P is. I know you'll love it up here. Don't worry about the cold and snow - the snow's actually fun and when it's too cold just hunker down with a good book by the fire! It's the Yooper way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 08:06 AM

137 posts, read 532,481 times
Thank you so much Jen!! Oh my, was it ever gorgeous yesterday!!!!!! We drove down Lakeshore to Presque Isle, sat on a sandstone formation right along the lake and ate a box lunch. Then, came home, made supper and off to Trout Lake we went. Yesterday, in the U.P., was WAY too beautiful to be inside. We just absolutely love it here so far! I agree about the snow and cold.....In Ohio, it was virtually impossible to make snow angels!!! LOL. I'm sure driving in it will be rather unpleasant but, ahhhh, oh well....That's a tiny price to pay for such beauty!!!! Our entire day of fun yesterday costs us $6 in gasoline....That's it.....Ya can't beat it, that's for sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen Cosco View Post
I'm living in Marquette. Welcome to our neck of the woods Torrid. Weather's beautiful up here today blue skies, sunshine, lake was calm, and temp in the mid 70's. Took a drive from Marquette along the Lake Superior lakeshore through Munising down to Manistique today for a soccer game and then back along the Lake Michigan shore through Escanaba and back to Marquette. I kept thinking to myself how pretty the U.P is. I know you'll love it up here. Don't worry about the cold and snow - the snow's actually fun and when it's too cold just hunker down with a good book by the fire! It's the Yooper way!

Old 09-09-2007, 11:08 PM

133 posts, read 357,481 times
Kalamazoo now living in Las Vegas,moving back home in the spring.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:31 PM

19 posts, read 43,382 times
Grew up in Warren, 14 Mile and Schoenherr, then moved to Almont and now North Branch. Love it here in the country. I hate the winters and due to our economy I'm looking to move.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:56 AM

504 posts, read 2,175,490 times
Default NE corner

We live in Montmorency county near Lewiston MI (about 30 minutes East of Gaylord).

Old 09-13-2007, 06:49 AM

24 posts, read 138,914 times
I was born and raised in Lake Orion but moved out of state when I got married eighteen years ago. Now I'm living in South Carolina (Army move) and I hate it. The people, heat, humidity, bugs, and alligators are driving me crazy! I can't wait to get back home to Michigan.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:52 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganangel1972 View Post
I was born and raised in Lake Orion but moved out of state when I got married eighteen years ago. Now I'm living in South Carolina (Army move) and I hate it. The people, heat, humidity, bugs, and alligators are driving me crazy! I can't wait to get back home to Michigan.
In the Ironwood thread there is a person wanting to leave there for South Carolina; maybe you two should talk. (As in talk them into staying.)

Old 09-13-2007, 04:01 PM

121 posts, read 521,925 times
I was born in Michigan and spent 31 of my 55 years living there, so no matter where I live I always tell people I'm from Michigan. Where: Wyandotte, Southgate when it was still Ecorse Township, Plymouth, St. Ignace, Detroit. Haven't lived in the state for 17 years though.

Really just wanted to chime in that I just returned from my first visit to Sleeping Bear Dunes and Glen Arbor and it was gorgeous!

Noticed a couple of comments on DEXTER and had to say I used to spend time on a relatives farm there in the 50's and 60's and have very good memories of that area. I'm sure it's completely different now as it was mostly farms then.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:20 PM

859 posts, read 2,148,525 times
Mid michigan,,,,,In a town called *LAKE* yup just Lake..... not Lake city

Its by Clare, Evart, Farwell Area

Old 09-19-2007, 09:30 AM

19 posts, read 71,512 times
Sawyer , over by lake michigan, and the Indiana state line....love it, but will be moving in 2009, for job transfer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan