Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:40 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,895,539 times

Advertisements

Tim is connected to Michigan...so I just wanted to say its gonna be great to see him back on TV tonight in "Last man standing" I cant take much more crap thats being put out, so its gonna be refreshing to see Tim back playing what looks like pretty close to the same set-up as "Tool Time".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 02:54 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,274,310 times
Tool Time? Home Improvement? Had to give you crap. lol I agree, I have not heard if it is supposed to be in Michigan somewhere or not but he was on Monday Night Football saying he works for like a bass pro shop or Gander Mountain. But I feel the same way about him being back on TV. I'll have to flip to the Tiger game during commercials.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
Tool Time? Home Improvement? Had to give you crap. lol I agree, I have not heard if it is supposed to be in Michigan somewhere or not but he was on Monday Night Football saying he works for like a bass pro shop or Gander Mountain. But I feel the same way about him being back on TV. I'll have to flip to the Tiger game during commercials.
Lol...yes...Tool time...Home Improvement. I loved those shows!

Old 10-12-2011, 07:45 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,132,856 times
I was glad to see Tim Allen on tv again however I am not crazy about the show. Something about it seemed forced or off.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:02 PM

485 posts, read 965,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
I was glad to see Tim Allen on tv again however I am not crazy about the show. Something about it seemed forced or off.
Yeah, it didn't seem like something that is going to last a long time but perhaps it needs a few weeks to hit its' stride.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
It has potential to be a good show, but your right...something about it isnt right. I'm not sure if its 3 daughters and no sons or not, but seems like they had too much drama with the girls right from the start. I do like Tims character though, and the place he works looks like it could make for some pretty funny stuff. A lot of shows are rocky at first...I think itll be a good show.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:16 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,929,158 times
Tim is the only funny one, the others are too cardboard (so far).
Some people are just naturally funny - take the Seinfeld characters for instance. It helps to have several.
Many spinoffs have been killed because the "funny quotient" was diluted.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:38 PM

792 posts, read 2,322,674 times
I agree with the above comments about it seeming a little forced and maybe needing some time to hit its stride. I think Ed O'Neill (the Al Bundy guy) does a much better job covering the same theme (old-school masculinity) on Modern Family. But I'll give Tim's new show a chance and see another episode or two before I give up on it.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:51 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,929,158 times
IMO Tool Time had 3 relatively humorous characters - Tim, Wilson, and Al. The rest were "props". Many of the guest appearances were good. A big part of its appeal were the out-takes.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
IMO Tool Time had 3 relatively humorous characters - Tim, Wilson, and Al. The rest were "props". Many of the guest appearances were good. A big part of its appeal were the out-takes.
Its tough to compare any show to Home Improvement. If you ask me, that was one of the best shows ever. Anything with Tim in it is watchable over most crap out there in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan