Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:53 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,037,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
I wish I could laugh about Santorum, but he scares the living daylights out of me.
If he wins the Republican nomination, he will have a near zero chance of winning the general election, so don't get too scared. What he's really doing is damaging the general public's perception of the Republican Party and, perhaps to an extent, making Romney appeal to the Republican base (in the religious values area). Unfortunately for Romney (or Gingrich or Paul) if he wins the nomination, to some extent he will be tainted by the electorate's perception of Santorum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 09:12 AM

102 posts, read 234,715 times
Voting for Santorum in the primary (though I'll be voting for Obama in the real deal). Romney is John Kerry all over again and I'd rather vote for a man who I know what he stands for even though I disagree - than a man who bases his beliefs off opinion polls and million dollar PAC's.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:15 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,897,981 times
Quote:
I agree. Where are these jobs from "job creators" that we hear about over and over? Actually, we aren't even hearing about jobs right now because transvaginal probs are apparently more important to these law makers. Everything has gotten turned upside down. We're now supposed to feel bad for millionaires while middle class are just called dirty and lazy. It's even worse towards the poor. If this is Christian theology at work then thanks but no thanks, I'll take a pass.
A Santorum theocracy would not be nice. Christians fled England due to an overbearing theocracy, now would like to reinstall a version here.
In England, people were executed for criticizing the church. They were pilloried for failing to attend church twice a day. Listening to the "religious" Right nowadays, seems like it certainly could happen here if we're not careful.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanliving99 View Post
Voting for Santorum in the primary (though I'll be voting for Obama in the real deal). Romney is John Kerry all over again and I'd rather vote for a man who I know what he stands for even though I disagree - than a man who bases his beliefs off opinion polls and million dollar PAC's.
If you know who Thom Hartmann is, he's advising against this tactic, since a brokered convention could produce a stronger Republican candidate like Jeb Bush (unless that's what you want).

Old 02-27-2012, 05:24 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,619,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
A Santorum theocracy would not be nice. Christians fled England due to an overbearing theocracy, now would like to reinstall a version here.
In England, people were executed for criticizing the church. They were pilloried for failing to attend church twice a day. Listening to the "religious" Right nowadays, seems like it certainly could happen here if we're not careful.
It doesn't seem to be understood by religious right that the country was founded on separation of church and state. This is what allows all people to believe what they want but not impose any one religion on the whole country.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
It doesn't seem to be understood by religious right that the country was founded on separation of church and state. This is what allows all people to believe what they want but not impose any one religion on the whole country.
Oh, they understand it - they just don't like it any more.
They are repeating what their oppressors did to them. A desire for control.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 02-27-2012 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: added opinion

Old 02-27-2012, 07:23 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,619,024 times
The more Santorum speaks the more he comes across to me as someone who is actually very insecure in his faith. I know that sounds bizarre but how else to explain a person who thinks people going to college is a terrible thing. If Obama is a snob for his college education then Romney has to go in the same catagory because he went to Harvard too. Out of all the things I think about Romney I have no issue with him for getting an education. It used to be this was considered a good thing. I just think if you've got complete confidence in your belief system then you know outside influences will have no impact. If all you have is fear keeping you to your faith then maybe it's time to really examine it. This is the notable thing to me when it comes to the religious right.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 PM

9,437 posts, read 10,717,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
If a card-carrying member of the Christian Taliban like Santorum wins the nomination, I will laugh my butt off. I don't think a candidate who wants to impose Christian Shari'a law and transform the nation into a Christian version of Iran (Jesusland or Jesusistan) has much chance of winning the general election. He might even help the Democrats gain more Congressional seats.

I'm not a fan of Obama or the Democrats, but the Republicans are the Party of the top 1% or 5% and rely on "Joe the Moronic Plumber" types for their votes. They need sheeple who will vote for them based on their opposition to abortion and gay marriage in spite of their economic interests.

Santorum is such a rotten politician, his name was turned into a noun! Google "santorum" to learn more, lol. Let's just say that I chuckle anytime I read a newspaper headline about "surging Santorum". What exactly was that mud that was being shot out of the machine guns in those TV ads?

Santorum

Urban Dictionary: santorum

The people who attempted to disgrace his name are pigs. A small group of degenerates do not have the power to create a word or change the meaning of a word, especially someones name because they oppose him politically. I have no respect for anyone associated with the effort to use his name like that, its just plain wrong.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:17 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,066,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The people who attempted to disgrace his name are pigs. A small group of degenerates do not have the power to create a word or change the meaning of a word, especially someones name because they oppose him politically. I have no respect for anyone associated with the effort to use his name like that, its just plain wrong.
Is this in reference to brown frothy guy?

Old 02-29-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I don't take these terms seriously (nor does anybody else imo). They are unimportant.
I take HIM and his beliefs seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan