Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 08:51 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 09:27 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,838,194 times
LOL!! If it wasn't so true it wouldn't be so funny.

While I am enjoying the weather we had all winter, in the back of my head has been this little running dialogue about how it is going to even out with a craptastic Summer. You have no idea how much I want to be wrong.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,757,770 times
I am hoping for a really good three day freeze in a week or so to kill off the bugs. It happened last year and the mosquitoes were way down. They are out already now. Time to kill them off.

I do not know whether that is the reason we had so few mosquitoes last year, but that is my theory.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:02 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,600,127 times
Quote:
I do not know whether that is the reason we had so few mosquitoes last year, but that is my theory.
Funny that you say that, because in my area we had an AWFUL year for mosquitoes! It didn't become awful until mid July, though. Everything was really dry during early summer, but then we got 8 inches of rain in one night. There were ponds of water everywhere... and you know what that means. I have never seen mosquitoes this bad. I was literally afraid to go outside sometimes. They would even bite in bright sunlight, during midday, and in stiff wind. I am in the Lansing area, and everyone I talked to said it was the worst they had ever seen.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:57 PM

428 posts, read 900,335 times
My thought is will have snow in April and be freezing to pay for the supposed " winter" we had and this string of 70s and 80s...

Old 03-19-2012, 04:19 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,896,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
My thought is will have snow in April and be freezing to pay for the supposed " winter" we had and this string of 70s and 80s...
I dont think so. All signs point to much above average temps for quite some time. We may see a bit of a cool down here and there, but nothing really cold. By the time this crazy weather pattern ends we will be well into the Spring pattern and very unlikely to see us snap back into the regular winter we never had.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:29 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,548,972 times
yea I think winter is officially over.....you never know though...this weather has been very tricky..you may see several inches of snow next week.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:37 PM

179 posts, read 273,616 times
Any meteorologists here who can explain the crazy weather this year?

It's been a late winter and early spring after a brutally cold winter last year... there has to be a reason!

Old 03-19-2012, 05:38 PM

428 posts, read 900,335 times
Well I loved the lack of snow this winter but we did see some... I live in the town Saint Joseph, MI that received 20+ inches of snow in one day because of lake effect snow. So whatever the reason or the cause Im happy. I do want to ask this question mainly for my side of the state.. Since its so warm now, possibly a hot summer do u think next winter will be extremely harsh because the Lake will be so warm ? At least for my side of the state...

Old 03-19-2012, 06:12 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,896,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
Well I loved the lack of snow this winter but we did see some... I live in the town Saint Joseph, MI that received 20+ inches of snow in one day because of lake effect snow. So whatever the reason or the cause Im happy. I do want to ask this question mainly for my side of the state.. Since its so warm now, possibly a hot summer do u think next winter will be extremely harsh because the Lake will be so warm ? At least for my side of the state...
That was suppose to be the case this winter. The lakes were warm, and they were saying this was suppose to be a cold snowy winter. There is absolutely no possible way to predict the weather and snowfall. Especially Lake effect since it is mostly in small thin bands that you never know where its gonna set up. Its not even worth listening to predictions...unless its a day or three out...and even then its tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: