Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 06:27 PM

3 posts, read 5,912 times

Advertisements

The German Magic Farm in Dundee Michigan is violating zoning ordinances. to have a public riding facility in Dundee you must have at least 10 Acres, GMF 9.32 Acres. In order to run the facility on less than prescribed acreage, there must be a special use permit applied for which was never done. The neighborhood has been overrun with riders coming and going as they please, half the time the owner isnt even there. This place is a nuisance farm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 06:37 PM

also the website claims 25 acres, false advertisement.German Magic Farm | German Horse Training In Michigan | 734-652-3775

Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 AM

214 posts, read 673,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porker View Post
The German Magic Farm in Dundee Michigan is violating zoning ordinances. to have a public riding facility in Dundee you must have at least 10 Acres, GMF 9.32 Acres. In order to run the facility on less than prescribed acreage, there must be a special use permit applied for which was never done. The neighborhood has been overrun with riders coming and going as they please, half the time the owner isnt even there. This place is a nuisance farm.
LOL.

Air your grievances elsewhere. We don't care.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:59 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,897,469 times

Old 04-11-2012, 10:39 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Porker, your post is puzzling. Dundee doesn't enforce its laws or what.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,271,575 times
If such a claim is true - you should probably just call the city's zoning department (Google can help) and direct such assertions towards someone in a position to investigate. From the website - it looks like a nice farm.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:43 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
Be thankful they aren't ATV'ers

Old 04-15-2012, 09:50 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Think I will make reservations for the kids and make a day of it..I like Dundee and while they are all riding I can browse Cabela's.

Appreciate the heads up. I was looking for a new place to spend a Saturday.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,864 times
Did you take a measuring stick and make sure? lol You are either a grumpy old man/woman, or a competing barn[which I doubt.] What should you care if the barn is kept clean and tidy and all the horses are healthy. [Which they are.]

You do realize that Rightmire road is full of horse barns, right? There is only 1-2 that aren't. That road isn't even a main road -It dead ends ,so my guess is you live on it-in that case,if you don't like horses and barns why do you live there?? they only have about 5 maybe 6 horses so I don't see what you mean by overrun with riders. If you want to live by a real nuisance try living next to a rock teen band that plays all hours of the day/night.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartlandsgal View Post
Did you take a measuring stick and make sure? lol You are either a grumpy old man/woman, or a competing barn[which I doubt.] What should you care if the barn is kept clean and tidy and all the horses are healthy. [Which they are.]

You do realize that Rightmire road is full of horse barns, right? There is only 1-2 that aren't. That road isn't even a main road -It dead ends ,so my guess is you live on it-in that case,if you don't like horses and barns why do you live there?? they only have about 5 maybe 6 horses so I don't see what you mean by overrun with riders. If you want to live by a real nuisance try living next to a rock teen band that plays all hours of the day/night.
This is a presumptuous statement. First nothing was ever said about how the barn is kept, there was no accusation that the barn was not clean and tidy and the horses werent cared for. There was nothing said about not liking horses. This is a factual post about a business that was operating in disregard for the law.

Fact #1 There are 11 houses on that road-6 of which have no horses on the property.
Fact #2 There is only 1 public riding horse facility on that road,or business at all (GMF)
Fact#3 There is only 1 property violating the zoning laws in regards to business in a residential section.GMF

The fact remains that the laws were written to protect the citizens of the community. I didnt write them, i only follow them. Also what makes the horses on GMF more important than the people of the community that may be raising kids or empty nesters trying to enjoy their property or people trying to enjoy their golden years with out the over reach of a business that shouldnt even be operating anyway. Unless your one of those horse people that think the horses are more important than the people. (Its obvious your affiliated with GMF). This isnt about hatred for horses, this is about following the rules and having respect for the people around you.

If the owners of GMF wanted a public horse riding facility they should have done "do diligence" before they bought the property and set up shop. you cant just do what you want with no regards to anyone, eventually someone will speak up. Remember there are other people on that road trying to live their lives other than GMF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan