Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 02:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,428 times

Advertisements

Why are you all even worried about it.....

Nature is a living entity

In the grand scheme of things humans are miniscule

Nature put the Dinosaurs back in line

Nature WILL put humans back in line as well

Just relax and be grateful nature is as mighty as it is......for the people who think they can treat it badly tho...your punishment will be 10 fold...have fun with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 11:20 AM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Plants depend on carbon dioxide for survival. The more the better for them. All the coal and oil that we are currently using is the product of rapidly growing plant/organic matter that occurred at a time of high carbon dioxide levels.

The planet may become unlivable, but only for us humans. Even the animals we kill of will be replenished with a new evolution of animals (remember the dinosaurs?). So, I don't think the planet will shed too many tears if the human population is diminished somewhat or altogether. (If saving the planet is what concerns you.)

Old 07-21-2012, 12:55 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vVAiyanaVv View Post

Just relax and be grateful nature is as mighty as it is......for the people who think they can treat it badly tho...your punishment will be 10 fold...have fun with that.
Nature has a limited time before Humans power grow beyond anything nature can do to it besides the universe ending.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:17 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:

As long as we view the earth as plunder rather than something to be nurtured.
There is quick & easy profit in plundering and then abandoning.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:18 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,605,145 times
I will say... I am not an environmentalist by any means. But as long as we are on the topic of changes to the environment that man has caused.... one example here in Michigan is all of the dead Ash trees everywhere. It has become a true eyesore everywhere. Mile after mile of dead trees. It is truly sad. It seems like the damage has really peaked this year. I can't even remember what it looked like before the Ash Borer arrived. And it is basically a direct result of invasive species being brought here in contaminated shipping containers by the auto industry. The auto industry has brought a lot of good to this state. But when I see all of those dead trees every day when I drive around, it is a constant reminder of the damage that industry can do.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:23 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:

Because droughts destroy crops, which could destroy the livelihoods of Michigan's 2nd (?) largest industry, agriculture. Also driving up food prices probably later this year and into next.

It also kills a lot of animals, because animals depend on the plants that are supposed to be providing food right now. It also invites a lot of additional destruction from pests and disease.

Maybe if we were all like the unibomber and lived in cabins...

Old 07-21-2012, 07:54 PM

209 posts, read 657,921 times
I tried digging in a post for a fence and ground is so hard and dry... it took me 25 minutes to dig a hole for one post!! It was like shoveling cement. >

Old 07-21-2012, 08:12 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,642,026 times
I saw today part of the UP is under smoke alert from fires up in Ontario. People with breathing problems were being told to stay inside behind closed doors and windows. Driving might even be effected by the smoke. It was bad enough with that UP fire, and now it's even more of an onslaught from Canada. I hope it doesn't get too bad for you folks in the area this is coming down on. Fires have been popping up here in the LP too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan