Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:50 AM

1,039 posts, read 3,452,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotdog View Post
I left in the 70's. One day I will return. I hate to see the negative postings - to the plumber (?) maybe you should get a new career - its not too late.
I live in California - you can get a job but LOL on buying a house. I live in a midget house and could not buy it again today! all places have drawbacks.
The saddest part is that I know many kids biding their time in places like Philadelphia while they circle their parents like vultures waiting to inherit the midget houses. We're not even talking about coveted areas either; it's places like Daly City and Vallejo. This isn't Europe, people, there are plenty of places to live out there that are much cheaper and nicer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 12:00 PM

37 posts, read 91,083 times
How sad it is to see the huge number of people leaving the northern states. It's even sadder to read the stats on how many of them are coming to Texas. I wish we could hang a shingle out that reads "This state is full", Midwesterners and Northeasterners especially are completely ruining this state especially Dallas. What once was the friendliest place to live is now full of the rudest and most abrasive jerks on the planet. There is a saying here. KEEP TEXAS BEAUTIFUL, PUT A MIDWESTERNER ON A BUS!!!

Old 10-14-2007, 01:38 PM

133 posts, read 357,505 times
Funny you should say that,we say the same thing about texan's here in vegas,at least the michigander's we have out here work circle's around the texan's...even in the heat.Something to be said about that i guess,that's ok texas fella,when you grow up one of these day's,maybe you will get a strong work ethic.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:22 PM

133 posts, read 357,505 times
They can keep them

Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lategreattex View Post
How sad it is to see the huge number of people leaving the northern states. It's even sadder to read the stats on how many of them are coming to Texas. I wish we could hang a shingle out that reads "This state is full", Midwesterners and Northeasterners especially are completely ruining this state especially Dallas. What once was the friendliest place to live is now full of the rudest and most abrasive jerks on the planet. There is a saying here. KEEP TEXAS BEAUTIFUL, PUT A MIDWESTERNER ON A BUS!!!

Haha! Puh-lease. I can think of one Texan who needs to be sent back to his home state who trumps all the Midwesterners.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:07 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
I don't see why people leaving cripples the economy. I see it as people who need State support going elsewhere, where they can stand on their own feet.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:34 PM

418 posts, read 1,784,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lategreattex View Post
OMG, no way. I just moved here FROM Dallas. I'm born and raised there. I had about 4 midwestern friends in Dallas, and not one of them was rude. Not one. I've also never heard that "quote" before. I think you must have made it up.

Perhaps you live in the Dallas suburbs?

Old 10-16-2007, 04:08 AM

1,039 posts, read 3,452,835 times
khfar, you're talking to a ghost. This alias of the Troll has already been decommissioned.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:59 AM

4 posts, read 12,433 times
Michigan is my favorite state, and I wouldn't worry too much about people moving away in droves. To balance things out many. many new immigrants are moving in from Mexico and various Central American countries to balance things out. No one really knows the number, but the inflow is massive, unless one tends to ignore it of course. Ron H

Old 10-31-2007, 10:07 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,937 times
Look at it this way......... the more of us who leave, the less competition there will be for the few available jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan