Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 04:14 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,136,991 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Michigan but spent most of life in living south of Detroit. I have spent time in the city of Plymouth and thought it was a pretty nice city. Cute downtown area etc. but dont know much about Plymouth township.

So this why I am asking, help me satsify my curiosity.....

Friend 1 bought a small home within walking distance of downtown Plymouth (no kids, professional, likes to go out a lot).

Friend 2 bought a pretty large home in Plymouth township (3 kids, professional and wanted space and more of a home body).

Friend 3 lives in a working class neighborhood (our home town) south of Detroit (2 kids, professional and is a serious homie and thinks people shouldn't move away).

I live out of state now so this leaves me out of loop regarding pros and cons.

Friend 3 constantly makes snide comments about friend 2 and how she made a mistake buying in Plymouth township because "its not that nice." I have no idea what she is talking about. I've seen photos of our friend's house and neighborhood (havent visited yet). Looks pretty damn nice to me. Friend 3 tends to be a jealous person at times and I think she has a chip on her shoulder. She rarely says anything negative about friend 1 house in the city of Plymouth. So unless I am missing something, seems like friend 3 needs to mind her own business and stop being a B.

What would be the advantages and disadvantages between the two areas? Different schools? More crime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 07:22 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Freind 3 is jealous.

Plymouth township offers more modern suburbia living and some rural ish living. the big draw to Plymouth IMO is the downtown. If you want subdivisions, you may as well go live in a cheaper township or one with better schools. Plymouth canton schools are great, but Northville, Novi are better. South lyon is pretty near equal and cheaper I think. Salem Township, the cvilliage of Dixborough Lyon township are all generally cheaper than Plymouth township. Plymouth township is fine and very very nice, but If I were going to pay the plymouth premium I would want to be able to walk to downtown plymouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan