Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel better off now than you did 4 years ago?
Yes michigan is doing fine, just a hickup in the economy 4 10.00%
No michigan is not doing well but I think we will come back this winter 8 20.00%
I am on the edge, one mistep and I loose everything no I am not doing better. 7 17.50%
michigan is gone and so am I 21 52.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 01:01 AM

77 posts, read 415,042 times

Advertisements

After reading these posts I understand now why I see so many MI
people moving here (AZ) I hoope what is happening in MI isn't indicative of USA future. The realestate situation is dismal here as well. Stagnant. Dead as a doorknob. I have had my house listed for over a year and the RE has not brought up one person. It is scary, people just are too afraid "they will not qualify" , Lenders tell me they will do no down, no doc loans, RE people will not even advertise (I know they buy up alot of the props or used to) I am heartbroken I invested over 10 years, have a great house (had) and property I worked hard to get it and now have to let it go. I noticed in the MI posts alot of blame for the current state of affairs is on the Government? Is MI Republican or Democrat? I also found interesting that MI claims to pay 56K for teachers salerys, yet all the jobs have been slashed?? What is up with that? A new aquaintence of mine is teaching here in AZ and told me evryone is fleeing MI due to the bad ecomomy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 08:44 AM

133 posts, read 357,505 times
That all depends,bad economy i mean.What is not being put into context is what advancements are happening there?A lot of manufacturing job's have been lost,but degreed job's seem to be taking over.The housing market is in the tank,yes,but MI isn't the only place where this is happening,so no shock there.Is there doom and gloom,yes,and in florida,california,New York,etc.etc.
A fella goes travelling and ends up stopping in a new town to get gas,he say's to the attendant "this looks like a nice town,how are the people here?"The attendant ask's him "how were the people in the town your from?"The traveller say's "mean and rude"Then you'll find them mean and rude here,so the traveller left.Afew day's later another fella show's up,asked the attendant the same question and the attendant ask's in return,"how were the people in the town your from?"Nice and pleasant."Well said the attendant,you'll find the people here nice and pleasant."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: