Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 04:27 PM

4,691 posts, read 307,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I heard on the radio this morning that Lowries bakery (probably spelling it wrong) is also in trouble. I know I have heard of them, but do nto remember what they make.

It's Awrey's bakery.

Awrey's bakery workers to receive layoff notices, company facing uncertain future
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,930,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Maybe if we started paying more Americans third world wages, Hostess would have been able to stay in business. Maybe 95% of the American populace should accept a third world lifestyle and live like common people do in India so that 5% of the populace can be very rich.

Global Labor Arbitrage--are you ready to join the third world?
I saw this first hand in Pakistan. Anybody of any prosperity had to live in compounds, behind walls, in "gated communities".
I had a suit made (no ready-mades there). The factory was about a dozen women squatting next to sewing machines in a mud-walled building. These workers, and those who built the walls, were just standard "working class".

Old 11-29-2012, 03:25 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,061,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
I saw this first hand in Pakistan. Anybody of any prosperity had to live in compounds, behind walls, in "gated communities".
I had a suit made (no ready-mades there). The factory was about a dozen women squatting next to sewing machines in a mud-walled building. These workers, and those who built the walls, were just standard "working class".
And the Joe-the-Plumber types have no idea that they're pushing us in that direction. In Brazil and some other parts of Latin America, the rich need body guards and "kidnap-proof" cars because they're liable to be kidnapped and held for ransom. I remember the doctor from the movie Manda Bala (Send a Bullet) who specialized in reconstructing ears for kidnapping survivors who had had their ears cut off.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:11 AM

352 posts, read 1,003,556 times
Living close to the Canadian border, I can get Hostess Twinkies anytime

Rest easy, Canada: Your Twinkie supply is safe - The Globe and Mail

Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,548,972 times
yuck! i hate anything with cream in the middle....the most fattening food you can ever eat

Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 PM

55 posts, read 283,517 times
So does is anyone upset about the loss of the twinkie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan