Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 04:41 PM

2,259 posts, read 4,750,068 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of santanna energy. Apperantly my wife switched us over, they said they were part of DTE Energy. So did we just get hosed or are we good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 10:19 AM

447 posts, read 1,245,163 times
Not sure about them, but there are a lot of scammers running around taking advantage of people right now. Call DTE and they will tell you if you have been switched to a 3rd party. You may enjoy rate savings for a few months, btu then, watch out!

Old 05-17-2012, 08:18 PM

217 posts, read 607,626 times
Never heard of them, but a quick Google search turns up a LOT of negative feedback on the company. A lot. Did I mention a lot? If not, it's a lot!

All the complaints seem to be bait and switch--promises of lower bills that in reality are much higher. Not to mention there's also some complaints from people who said they didn't want to switch companies but Santanna switched them anyways without permission. Very shady. Beware!

Old 06-14-2012, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
Has anyone heard of santanna energy. Apperantly my wife switched us over, they said they were part of DTE Energy. So did we just get hosed or are we good?

Hi Neighbor, I do know Santanna Energy, all we do is assist Consumers Energy and DTE Energy in getting the word out to their Gas customers that you needent pay as much as you currently are. We do not switch your Gas company, if you are with DTE DTE will remain the company that will provide your gas services, send your bills and make repair calls when necessary.

All we do is try to help you save money on your utility bills. I am a representative of the Federal Program Santanna - Part of DTE's Gas Choice Program.

I hope you see immediate savings on your next bill and if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to ask me anytime. If I don't have an answer for you right away, I will find someone who does.

Mrx.Vu

Old 06-15-2012, 11:17 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastLiveAmazonW/2Tits View Post
Hi Neighbor, I do know Santanna Energy, all we do is assist Consumers Energy and DTE Energy in getting the word out to their Gas customers that you needent pay as much as you currently are. We do not switch your Gas company, if you are with DTE DTE will remain the company that will provide your gas services, send your bills and make repair calls when necessary.

All we do is try to help you save money on your utility bills. I am a representative of the Federal Program Santanna - Part of DTE's Gas Choice Program.

I hope you see immediate savings on your next bill and if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to ask me anytime. If I don't have an answer for you right away, I will find someone who does.

Mrx.Vu
What a load of BS. Santanna Energy = bait-and-switch experts. Stay away from them at all cost because they couldn't care less about saving anyone money, they are concerned about getting as much of your money for themselves.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 3,361 times
Exclamation Scam!!! Really!?!

I LOVE HOW THE TERM SCAM GETS THROWN AROUND. Natural gas got deregulated. Where I live, Columbia Gas no longer is able to sell me or you gas. They can only deliver it to you. If you havent chosen a supplier already, they had to choose one for you. Its that simple. So now you have a chance to choose to buy your gas from a competitive field.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:01 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
I am pretty sure this is the company we went with for a time. It may have bene a simlar sounding name. They tell you they will lower your gas bills, but they will not guaruantee it. In our case, they promised and delivered lower price per unit. But then they charged a bunch of additianl fees and our net bill went up. We ahve tried three of these so called alterate energy suppliers. All were scams. The first one is dicussed above. Another promised "green electricity and lower bills. Our bills went up and w got a notice say we woudl not be getting green electriciticy for a while becuae it was not available. Therefore they woudl just be selling us marked up edison electricity. WE tried yet another after moving. I cannot rememeber what their assertions were. They were a scam too.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:17 AM

55 posts, read 283,524 times
I have Santanna with no issues...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan