Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 07:43 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,263,992 times

Advertisements

So my wife and I walk into the store the other night. That's when it really hit me that I'm no longer home. They sell NOTHING down here for anything other than Indiana or the Colts. At least back home you can find Ohio state, Indiana, Notre Dame and other teams apparel just about anywhere. But down here they HATE Michigan. Not so much the state but the school. There is a lady with a stand at the mall who sells phone covers. ANY school you can pretty much want except Michigan. I have some Michigan clothes and my Red Wings jersey has already gotten me some pats on the back and a hug from some manager at a place we went to eat. ( let me be clear it was a female manager) She was also from Michigan and told her staff to take extra good care of us as we had 9 transplants sitting there lol
I need to stock up on Michigan shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 08:15 AM

1,900 posts, read 5,875,936 times
Try Meijer.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
Try Meijer.
That was the store we were in lol

Old 02-23-2013, 11:26 AM

1,900 posts, read 5,875,936 times
Oh, okay. I've seen MI team stuff even in Ohio Meijers.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:53 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,865,145 times
You should be able to get it on-line at any store you have seen it at in Michigan.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
Oh, okay. I've seen MI team stuff even in Ohio Meijers.

Yeah my buddy asked the woman at the mall why she has state but no U of M. She said " because we HATE them" lol

Old 02-24-2013, 05:44 AM

902 posts, read 1,919,894 times
I always stop at the Great Divide just off I-75 on my way North , but you can order stuff online .... GO BLUE !

The Great Divide - Michigan Store

Old 02-24-2013, 05:54 AM

902 posts, read 1,919,894 times
The store btw is half Michigan half State (in the same building lol ! ) My last visit there I saw 2 guys on the State and one kept repeating '' I am not an animal '' (line taken from the movie Elephant Man) I'm not sure what that was about , probably still drunk from the night before lol ! I know what you mean about Indiana , my in-laws live in Angola ( I wish it were Angola in Africa hehehe)

Old 02-24-2013, 11:09 AM

Well I was back at Meijer this morning and after looking around I found 1, yes ONE Michigan shirt. All it said was property of U of M or something.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 AM

3,810 posts, read 6,398,354 times
They hate U of M in Indiana........go figure

Do you plan on being in Indy long? If you do.......

#1 rule when moving out of state:

Don't expect it to be like home.

#2 rule when moving out of state:

Don't try to MAKE it like home.

You've just moved to a very nice town. Embrace it. Immerse yourself in it. Adjust to it.

I promise, if you start going around sporting and saying "Michigan this and Michigan that", you will get on a lot of folks bad sides quickly......unless you just plan on finding ex-Michiganians and hanging with them exclusively, which would redefine "silly".

Take it from someone who's moved plenty. It's one thing to miss home and be proud you're from there, but it's another altogether to move somehwere and start complaining that it's not like where you came from.

And honestly.......if you're already so homesick you feel the need to start blowing dough on Michigan apparel when you've already lived there forever, then maybe you shouldn't have moved to begin with.

A harsh observation, perhaps.......but take it as advice deeply rooted in experience. Unless you plan on your stay being a short one, I suggest getting to know Indiana rather than mourning over Michigan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan