Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 06:10 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times

Advertisements

http://www.milmi.org/admin/uploadedPublications/1153_HOT-50-Jobs-Flyer-OCT-06.pdf (broken link)

found this list on the MI government website. Do you guys this list of "hot" jobs is on the mark in your area?

If you post please tell us what area your from.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 05:26 AM

955 posts, read 2,157,642 times
Default Hot Jobs!

Michigan Works is an excellent resource for anyone looking for employment. They offer many services at their locations that will assist job seekers. In terms of current employment opportunities versus the list, as an old boss of mine used to say "The devil is in the detail". At the bottom of the list is this disclaimer:

NOTE: The forecasts above highlight positive long-term growth occupations. They do not necessarily reflect current hiring demand.

This is the key. This is based on projected job needs five years into the future, and not necessarily current requirements. Most of the positions require a degree plus experience; therefore this list should be used with the knowledge that this is not a "quick fix" list to solve current problems.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:32 PM

262 posts, read 788,182 times
I like how it's only 25,159 jobs when we lost over 378,000 jobs. I guess this is what the Governor meant by people in Michigan need to return to school to be a force in Michigan to get a job. Boy this will turn Michigan around I'm sure, now if only she would cut the size of Michigan Goverment and State workers and Privatize State services and cut the pay of Goverment Reps. these type of actions will bring a turn around to Michigan, But as long as we keep HIGH TAXES there will be very little grow for this State. I am happy to see some of the State reps heard the small business owners and how we feel about the Governor's Service Tax, right in the trash were it belongs

Old 11-11-2007, 10:28 PM

83 posts, read 66,460 times
Michiganworks is a joke and misleading.If i wanted i could sue that site and newspapers successfully.Check out the local newspaper`s classifieds...only 2-3 and they are junk...Read oakland press for oakland county...zero employment ads...same thing with macomb and wayne...I am forced to take a test and get a job out of state to survive.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:46 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
It depends on the line of work you are in. Medical assistants can get jobs, and nurses and stuff. Lots of other people have had to leave.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:48 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRETI View Post
Michiganworks is a joke and misleading.If i wanted i could sue that site and newspapers successfully.Check out the local newspaper`s classifieds...only 2-3 and they are junk...Read oakland press for oakland county...zero employment ads...same thing with macomb and wayne...I am forced to take a test and get a job out of state to survive.
What kind of "test" did you have to take in order to leave the state?

Old 11-12-2007, 10:54 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Yeah, and what's your line of work?

Old 11-12-2007, 06:57 PM

106 posts, read 573,245 times
Default No Jobs List

The blind leading the blind.
More false optimism from Lansing.
This is brought to you by the same bunch who think taxing baby shoe bronzing and palm-reading is revenue enhancement.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:34 AM

83 posts, read 66,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
What kind of "test" did you have to take in order to leave the state?
I have no other choice than truck driving because retail or dishwashing or waitressing don`t pay chit....However i think that America will turn around in two years,but michigan can not because it has nothing to turn around.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:06 AM

845 posts, read 3,271,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRETI View Post
Sue the newspapers for what? I'm confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan