Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 07:18 AM

25 posts, read 131,309 times

Advertisements

We left WOW, will not use them again -was on hold 40 minutes, customer service was abrupt, kept interrupting, telling me that they had other callers in the queue. AT&T - we have a lower price per month and good service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 07:27 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingUpwithUs View Post
We left WOW, will not use them again -was on hold 40 minutes, customer service was abrupt, kept interrupting, telling me that they had other callers in the queue. AT&T - we have a lower price per month and good service.
We haven't had a good experience with AT&T Uverse, ever. I'm convinced that none of the cable providers care about customers.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:26 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,598,154 times
I still think WOW to be the lesser of all evils. Their customer service quality seems to vary from okay to good, but still nowhere near as bad as Comcast and AT&T. Those first few months can be alright, but usually if you get one of those promo packages, service quality drops and rates go up after it's over. At least in that regard, WOW is consistent and you know what to expect.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:32 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,740,179 times
I can't help but think the OP is an AT&T sock puppet, especially given not only how vague their post is, but also the timing of their post came IMMEDIATELY after the posts in these threads.

//www.city-data.com/forum/michi...uly-sucks.html

So I wonder when Comcast will sic their sock puppet on us.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:55 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
I can't help but think the OP is an AT&T sock puppet, especially given not only how vague their post is, but also the timing of their post came IMMEDIATELY after the posts in these threads.

I kinda thought the same, but the OP has had other posts, so maybe not.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:39 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,071,062 times
I like my AT&T Uverse. I have had no issues with service except bad hard drive in the DVR. Called up and got that fixed within day in half. The things I hated about WOW was they never updated anything. The same guide interface was the same version of Adelphia(Remember them? Yeah that's old) then the channels they lacked or put in higher package. I could never watch the Red Wings on Versus when I was at a relative house cause it was not a standard package channel. Thankfully they switched to AT&T as well.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:43 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,943,958 times
Did not have a good experience with AT&T for U-verse...had to switch to Comcast and have been satisfied.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:28 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post

Contemporary term is SHILL....

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the ...

Old 12-17-2013, 06:28 PM

325 posts, read 576,902 times
Had Comcast, then Charter, Bell South, Adelphia-Comcast, Brighthouse and UVerse. Loved the UVerse, but Direct-Hughes is the BEST.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:32 PM

493 posts, read 1,447,342 times
Okay, we're talking southern California here, but we've had excellent service from AT&T with U-Verse.
Last time I had to have a service call, I called them at about 10 AM and they had someone here by 11:30.
He was prepared to replace the router, but the problem cleared up on its own.

On the other hand, a friend had U-Verse and had constant outages on the Internet portion.
Really a problem for her, as she worked from home if she was not traveling for business.
Her condo is in a relatively new community, so the wiring should be in excellent shape.
Another friend, also in my city, recently dumped the TV portion of U-Verse and went with DirecTV.

My only gripe with them is that I'm paying for 18 Mbps download speed and getting half of that or less.
I keep meaning to call them on it.

Sometimes the Internet will go down overnight, but usually a reboot of the gateway or router fixes the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan