Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:54 PM

167 posts, read 431,281 times

Advertisements

I can tell you exactly who will be the next President of the United States. Hillary Clinton will be, and it will have nothing to do with what she's running for or against. Her platform is meaningless. It's sideshow entertainment! Hillary will win because she has been picked, just like George Bush was. This is not about the people or has it ever been. It is about a far different agenda that most of us are unaware of. Watch and see.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:41 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,965,179 times
Nah, no way. Most men and women don't like her, and she can't make up her mind whether she is a strong woman or if she wants to stand by her cheating man and/or play the victim.

I do hope she wins the nomination though.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:23 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,965,179 times
<<<shaking head>>>

Old 11-28-2007, 10:56 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times
I wish there were a way to know how it really works, and what roadblocks stand between me, my vote and how the president actually gets chosen. That whole hanging-chad deal in Florida was deeply unsettling and I don't know how much of the truth we got. I have heard lots of people say they dislike or don't trust Hilary, but get real, who trusts either a politician or an attorney? Hilary is both! I have also heard that people want the Clintons back in office because the country was prosperous during Bill's administration. I know that the tailspin in the stockmarket, just about the same minute Bush II won (?) the first election, had everything to do with consumer and corporate confidence -- talk about your self-fulfilling prophecies. But I also know that most people don't use their votes -- ever. I feel like all I can do is cast my ballot, keep a sharp eye out for the specter opf the hanging chad, and wait and see.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:00 PM

316 posts, read 1,181,352 times
The market decline in 2000 started january 14th. Bush won office in November, inaugurated in January. Consumer confidence in the economy is much different then some of the causes of that decline, such as lack of consumer believability in companies financial statements, or fear of tech stocks being over priced. Bush coming into office did not directly cause this bear market, nor did president Clinton.
Either way, I doubt Hillary will win. She already is looking like she talks out of both sides. I wouldn't be surprised if the republicans win the next one again. Democrat's are too into bashing Bush as opposed to giving real ideas on what they would do.
Sort of like this implosion....
"Not only are we going to New Hampshire, Tom Harkin, we're going to South Carolina and Oklahoma and Arizona and North Dakota and New Mexico, and we're going to California and Texas and New York … And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan, and then we're going to Washington, D.C., to take back the White House! Yeaararh!!!"

Old 11-28-2007, 01:08 PM

81 posts, read 303,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merit1sje View Post
I can tell you exactly who will be the next President of the United States. Hillary Clinton will be, and it will have nothing to do with what she's running for or against. Her platform is meaningless. It's sideshow entertainment! Hillary will win because she has been picked, just like George Bush was. This is not about the people or has it ever been. It is about a far different agenda that most of us are unaware of. Watch and see.
My hubby said if Hillary wins, we are moving to Australia. Guess I'd better start lurking in the Aussie forum....

Seriously, there isn't a decent choice in the bunch. Did you see that Oprah is going to campaign with Barrack Obama? Sorry, I like the guy and all but his name is too close to Osama you-know-who for him to win. Too many ignorant Americans won't look closely enough at what each candidate stands for and we'll elect another idiot to office. It's just a glorified popularity contest, really. Ugh. I hate politics.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:28 PM

580 posts, read 1,680,639 times
Im just not happy with the candidates pulling themselves out of the Michigan poll, saying its our punishment :L

Old 11-28-2007, 03:49 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetengineman's wife View Post
Too many ignorant Americans won't look closely enough at what each candidate stands for and we'll elect another idiot to office. It's just a glorified popularity contest, really. Ugh. I hate politics.
Sadly, I think this is mostly true. A brilliant Constitutional statesman like Jefferson or Madison would get crucified in today's media. They wouldn't have a chance, because the press would spoon-feed some empty soundbite candidate to everyone, and the people would be too lazy to do their own homework.

We don't elect great, thoughtful leaders anymore. Now it's just like "American Idol" for the White House.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:37 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
We don't elect great, thoughtful leaders anymore. Now it's just like "American Idol" for the White House.

That was well put.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:34 AM

864 posts, read 1,719,920 times
Well, you got the "let every vote count" crowd that wants the felon, illegal immigrants, the insane, the senile, etc -- if it has a pulse, it should vote. I'd rather have only the well-informed vote. If you don't know anything about the candidates and issues -- stay away from the voting booth!

Now I'm taking one huge step over the PC-line -- let's get rid of the whole 1-person/1-vote thing. Why not base it on the amount of taxes paid to the government? The government's primary purpose seems to have changed to a resource reallocation system. Why shouldn't the people who contribute more to the government in taxes have more of a say than those who contribute absolutely nothing and are just on the receiving end? Let everybody have 1 vote by default and then give those who are having their money confiscated by the government additional votes based on the amount taken. Maybe 1 additional vote per $1000 the government took.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan