Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 2,430 times

Advertisements

so ive een staying with a friend since december 13th 2013. he'd offered his basment with a small mat as long as i fed myself.. which i couldnt pass up. til i was able to find an apt. everything was good til he asked for a hand job two nights ago coming from the bar on woodward i think its called boogie tavern or down or something.. well, anyway me being me.. i said hell no! so now hes threatening to call the police and have me evicted from the house ... he sent an email stating "12/30/2013

To S***** L*****

Your stay here at 4*** Phillips, Berkley, Mi. 48072

On 12/28/2013 You were asked to leave the premisses. As of 1/1/2014 the fee will be $20.00 per day. payable the day before by 2:00pm for the following day starting on 12/ 31/2012. Any missed or late payments will result you being removed for trespassing by the local police department. Your rights under this agreement. Use of the kitchen facilities as long as you clean up after each use. Use of bathroom, washer and dryer, and wifi. What you are not aloud to do, have visitors on the premisses, smoke in any other place excepts for the designated area. (kitchen with fan on) any breach in these rules will be immediate removal." is there anything i can do about this i need more time!! im from ohio, and i wont ave a ride back til sunday...

HELP IS NEEDED..?? PLEASE RESPOND
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 09:47 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Why would you want to stay? It is his place, his lease. move out before he comes back with a crowd from boogie tavern and recreates shawshank redemption...

I needed a good laugh...it has been awhile since I have read an almost too good to be true tale.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:51 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sash23 View Post
so ive een staying with a friend since december 13th 2013. he'd offered his basment with a small mat as long as i fed myself.. which i couldnt pass up. til i was able to find an apt. everything was good til he asked for a hand job two nights ago coming from the bar on woodward i think its called boogie tavern or down or something.. well, anyway me being me.. i said hell no! so now hes threatening to call the police and have me evicted from the house ... he sent an email stating "12/30/2013

To S***** L*****

Your stay here at 4*** Phillips, Berkley, Mi. 48072

On 12/28/2013 You were asked to leave the premisses. As of 1/1/2014 the fee will be $20.00 per day. payable the day before by 2:00pm for the following day starting on 12/ 31/2012. Any missed or late payments will result you being removed for trespassing by the local police department. Your rights under this agreement. Use of the kitchen facilities as long as you clean up after each use. Use of bathroom, washer and dryer, and wifi. What you are not aloud to do, have visitors on the premisses, smoke in any other place excepts for the designated area. (kitchen with fan on) any breach in these rules will be immediate removal." is there anything i can do about this i need more time!! im from ohio, and i wont ave a ride back til sunday...

HELP IS NEEDED..?? PLEASE RESPOND
Go back to Ohio, don't move in with drunks, get something in writing that is actually legal, find a new hobby, quit posting on a public forum while under the influence of something.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:58 PM

34 posts, read 42,368 times
Wow. I read the post and was prepared to throw in my two cents but a couple of you beat me to it. Can't say it any better than what you just did. Who would want to live there!? I would spend now until Sunday packing, then take the first ride out. My only advice -- don't look back. Spend your energy moving forward in a productive way. And yeah - stop smoking whatever it is that is clouding your judgement!

Old 01-01-2014, 08:50 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,077,756 times
Most states (or at least California), landlords (which I would guess is what this person would be considered) have to give a 30 day written notice to evict someone- look around online for landlord/tenant laws in the state of Michigan. If this story is even true. And if it's true, why on earth would you TELL a story like that where it will be online forever-and-ever-amen??

Those kind of posts can come back to haunt a person.....jmo.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:34 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,551,751 times
go head and do what he ask..it'll buy you more time??

Old 01-02-2014, 09:29 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,274,548 times
RE: Donna I thought the same thing. lol

Someone lets you stay in his place for free. He asks for help doing something. You willingly choose to refuse.

You have the right to make that choice, but you also have the right to suffer the consequences (i.e. find your own place).

Old 01-02-2014, 10:02 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Stop and think.......threating someone with an illegal eviction (has not been though the courts) is very near a sexual assault.

Last edited by Driller1; 01-02-2014 at 10:17 AM..

Old 01-02-2014, 10:45 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,274,548 times
I don't think anywhere it states the OP was paying rent. She was just mooching off her friend's generosity.

Think of it as your in-laws staying at your place past their welcome, and then they begin complaining when you want them gone.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:58 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,858,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
I don't think anywhere it states the OP was paying rent. She was just mooching off her friend's generosity.

Think of it as your in-laws staying at your place past their welcome, and then they begin complaining when you want them gone.
Your inlaws would ask you to give them sexual favors? That's weird.

I agree with some of the others, just get out of that house. The guy sounds like a sociopath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan