Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 05:44 AM

2 posts, read 3,180 times

Advertisements

Especially Thai restaurants? And especially in this economy? My uncle is opening a new Thai restaurant in Michigan, and he wants me to go work for him. Are Thai restaurants doing THAT well in Michigan? I do know there are constantly tons of new Thai restaurants opening up in Michigan. But, can anyone give any insights in this area of expertise? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 05:50 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by good-night View Post
Especially Thai restaurants? And especially in this economy? My uncle is opening a new Thai restaurant in Michigan, and he wants me to go work for him. Are Thai restaurants doing THAT well in Michigan? I do know there are constantly tons of new Thai restaurants opening up in Michigan. But, can anyone give any insights in this area of expertise? Thanks!
No expertise, but there are two here in the Brighton area and both are doing very good. There is another I know in the Dearborn Heights area and is always has a crowd.

Probably the best advice as always is LOCATION. Again, not an expert, but carry-out with limited seating seems to be the norm. Not to say the full service restaurants do not work out.

Do your homework for location and size of the place and the real factor that determines if you survive in the business is FOOD quality...

Old 06-23-2015, 09:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,896 times
If you open a drive through or delivery thai service with good, flavorful food, you will do extremely well.

Many Chinese restaurants in the area are now offering a few thai dishes as well as delivery, which indicates that is in high demand.

There was a great Thai restaurant in Dearborn called Thai Palace that I always went to. Their dishes were really flavorful and they had 3 levels of spice you could choose from. They closed that location but they were there for at least a decade or longer.

Westland/Garden City area needs a good thai restaurant that delivers.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:24 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,063,888 times
I know all the Thai restaurants in Grand Rapids are doing well. I'm sure if you had a good location and solid business plan you'd be fine. Also the economy is fine. Grand Rapids joins big leagues: Ranks 3rd in nation for economic growth | MLive.com

Old 06-23-2015, 11:44 AM
chh

420 posts, read 653,074 times
A Thai resteraunt opened in my town in the last year, its been doing pretty well since it opened as far as I can tell.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:00 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Michigan is a very, VERY large place. It's almost 100,000 square miles and is the 11th largest State by land mass.

It really depends on a lot of location factors.

I've been to really good Thai places in GR and they don't seem to do a lot of business.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:44 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
No expertise, but there are two here in the Brighton area and both are doing very good. There is another I know in the Dearborn Heights area and is always has a crowd.

Probably the best advice as always is LOCATION. Again, not an expert, but carry-out with limited seating seems to be the norm. Not to say the full service restaurants do not work out.

Do your homework for location and size of the place and the real factor that determines if you survive in the business is FOOD quality...
I used to walk to the one on Grand River Ave & Main St. (Brighton)

"Thai Express?" I forgot.....

Craving some "Coney Joe's" that's right behind it.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:58 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I used to walk to the one on Grand River Ave & Main St. (Brighton)

"Thai Express?" I forgot.....

Craving some "Coney Joe's" that's right behind it.
Yep...still the same corner with the CVS in back. Both Thai Express and Coney Joe's are great eats.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:11 AM

447 posts, read 496,066 times
Quote:
Where is he opening the restaurant? ...........city? .........location, location, location is the key to a successful restaurant. Remember, what is a prime spot for one type of food may not be a good place for another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan