Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 11:32 PM

62 posts, read 116,580 times

Advertisements

Ohio? What's that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 06:36 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie734 View Post
Like I said, it's more of an Ohio thing to actually give a **** about this. Mainly because Ohio State football is a far, far, far bigger deal in Ohio than Michigan football has ever or could ever be in Michigan.
OK, well I guess it's settled then.

BTW, I deleted the comments in the other "What do people think of Ohio" thread because it was getting way too exciting to keep up with both.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:01 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,621,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie734 View Post
The rivalry aspect is far more pronounced in Ohio itself, but it exists. Ultimately, they are two states that have a lot in common.

Not sure about that. I never heard Michigan mentioned when I lived in Cincinnati.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:12 AM

944 posts, read 1,211,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Not sure about that. I never heard Michigan mentioned when I lived in Cincinnati.
I'd argue that Cincinnati is very unto itself and identifies less strongly with the type of pan-Ohio thing you see in Cleveland, Columbus and Toledo.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:36 PM

676 posts, read 726,157 times
I wouldn't mind ohio if it wasn't for every cop trying to pull you over for speeding. For that reason alone I could never live there. I always thought ohio was great growing up because we could go there to get real fireworks before they were legal here. Other than that I don't think much about ohio

Old 03-31-2016, 06:16 PM

19 posts, read 24,382 times
can you start one of these in the Ohio forum so that Ohioans can rip on the state of Michigan?

Old 03-31-2016, 07:06 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,229,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbuck1 View Post
can you start one of these in the Ohio forum so that Ohioans can rip on the state of Michigan?
There's already a thread on that in the Ohio section.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:17 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,606,364 times
Rivalries aside, I think Ohio is a nice state. I really like the farmland, the hills in the southeast part of the state, Amish country, the forests in NE Ohio, etc. It is a prettier state than people give it credit for.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:53 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
What I think of Ohio?

It is a very well managed state. Decent roads, manageable taxes, best library system in the US, lowest car insurance rates, good schools, - it has a lot going well.

No natural inland lakes - eeek.

Not too many rivers either and the ones you have are pretty dirty.

Jeep jeep jeep jeep jeep.

You need some hills. Lots of them in the east, Start spreading them around so other parts can be pretty too.

My daughter goes to school there for her masters/PhD (Bowling green) Seems like a decent smallish school, but too much crime for its size. The town is cute with lots of cookie stores and a few decent taverns. At least it is not Ohio State.

Twinville twins festival - cool

Cedar point - cool

Ohio cops and speed limits - uncool.

Not a lot of trees.

Ohio State - Ick!

Some cute little farm towns.

A good governor/presidential candidate. I wish he had a chance.

Ohio produces a lot of astronauts. My son says this is because people who grow up in Ohio want to get as far away from Ohio as possible, so they go to outer space.

The further east you go, the prettier it is.

Some neat river towns along the Ohio River. Run down but pretty cool towns.

Ohio State - ick.

The Toledo Zoo is nice.

Combine demolition derby. Odd, but entertaining.

Good people there, except the cops. Tend to be fat, like Michigan.

Cincinnati looks very pretty from an airplane landing at the airport.

Why does my radar detector go crazy around every city? It does not in other states.

Fort Meigs is a great place for events.

You have some cool caves.

That is pretty much everything I think about Ohio.

Oh and Ohio State - Ick. Well, except their marching band. They have a phenomenal marching band.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:09 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,065,523 times
"Flush twice, it's a long way to Cleveland."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan