Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 09:45 AM

2 posts, read 10,267 times

Advertisements

I am from Roseville. I attend school here and I spend my summers with my family in Cheboygan. During the summer, I work at K.F.C., and love it.

My question is: What is your favorite thing about Cheboygan?

I personally love Mullet Lake (it's one of the cleanest)...
Favorite Thing About Cheboygan?-mullet-lake.jpg
Also, all of the people that live there are extremely nice...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 02:02 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Scoolin, maybe you should learn how to read. The post says "Favorite thing about Cheboygan", not favorite thing to ***** about. 3 posts total and not one of them with the effort to read because they are full of BS and mis-leading. Another fine contribution to the forums. I would have neg rep'ed you for this post, but the Administrator disabled that feature, I guess so we have to be nicey, nice to each other.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:25 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoolin View Post
bydandy I read just fine, I was giving the postive things of Cheboygan, you have not lived there so it is you who is talking out of school. You only want postive things on michigan. if you want to post positive on cheboygan move there for a year and then tell me how wonderful it is. LOL
So you know who I am? How do you know I haven't lived in the Cheboygan area before? You don't, and I like Cheboygan just fine thank you. Don't live there now, but have nothing to hold against it either.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:41 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times
I will be happy to say some nice things about Cheboygan. I've always enjoyed my time there. Where else can you pull up to a Big Boy in your boat? I love boating on the Cheboygan River. Mullet Lake is one of Michigan's true gems, I've been going there for 30 years, and it's just as beautiful every time. I love breakfast and conversation at Alice's, eating at "This Old House" pizzeria, and taking in a flick at the Kingston. What's the name of that big, colorful ice cream joint in town? Love going there, too. Cheboygan is also conveniently close to Mighty Mac and the U.P.

While I can understand how a lifelong resident would find the town dull in comparison with others, I still make it a point to hit Cheboygan several times a year because of the things I listed. It's just a laid back, small upper midwestern town. You don't go there looking to party, shop and see big ticket events, that's for sure.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 10,267 times
Thank you for some positive feedback.
The ice cream place is the "Big Dipper."

Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 AM

550 posts, read 2,052,581 times
grew up in cheboygan and LOVE going back a few times a year to visit my parents and of course for weddings and whatnot...my best friends worked at the big dipper when i was in high school and yeah i had ice cream everyday because they gave it to me for free
mullett lake is the best lake, i live out here in philly now and i miss freshwater lakes so much, people here don't get it-they think the ocean is the best place to swim and i disagree!

Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Never been there, but it generated a funny game "The Monster that Ate Cheboygan" It was out in the late 1970s.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:13 PM

9 posts, read 32,787 times
My favorite thing about Cheboygan is the water everywhere! I have lived here most of my life and, after living somewhere where there were no lakes, really made me appreciate it.

Can't help but ask...how can you take working at KFC? I've heard from tons of people that it's an awful place to work lol.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:35 PM

550 posts, read 2,052,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinawlocal View Post
My favorite thing about Cheboygan is the water everywhere! I have lived here most of my life and, after living somewhere where there were no lakes, really made me appreciate it.

Can't help but ask...how can you take working at KFC? I've heard from tons of people that it's an awful place to work lol.

living in phillly i crave lakes!!!!!!

haha, i have heard not great things about working at kfc there too..but from personal experience i can say it can't be anywhere as bad as working for the legghio's (spelling?) in mackinaw

Old 05-03-2008, 12:16 AM

188 posts, read 607,579 times
It's up in da woods away from the crazies... Good enough reason for me to call it a destination! Never been there but my buddy from school used to "work" for a guy up there who owned a sporting goods store.

Know an old tile layer up there. He owns a cabin next to my folks in the UP on Brevort Lake. He's got a pretty quick ride to his "vacation" home! If everyone in Cheboygan were as good a guy as he is, I wouldn't mind living there in the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan