Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:17 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
you really can't win....you're either going to freeze to death in winter or be trapped indoors all summer due to boiling temperatures. i personally would rather ENJOY MY SUMMER! when i lived in missouri briefly the winters were more mild, but still cold enough to not do much outside. spring and fall were their prime seasons. but do people really need to keep complaining about michigan weather? hasn't it ALWAYS been cold here in the winter or have the past 34 years of my life been an illusion? :}
Yeah, there's no point in complaining, it is what it is. Americans are really whiny these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 07:03 AM

939 posts, read 2,680,990 times
The climate here is perfect. What's better than a cold, snowy winter and gorgeous summers? I think summers up here are probably the best in the country. Almost constant sun from June thru September, comfortable temps, beautiful nights. I grew up on the East coast and the heat & humidity there were absolutely stifling. New York City is an absolutely horrendous summer location. I'll take this side of the Apps , thank you

Old 04-09-2009, 08:15 AM

30 posts, read 107,323 times
I lived in Monterey CA for two years. It is generally between 60 and 75 all year long. Sometimes 80 in summer, sometimes 50 in winter. Perfect weather does exist.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:08 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan29 View Post
I lived in Monterey CA for two years. It is generally between 60 and 75 all year long. Sometimes 80 in summer, sometimes 50 in winter. Perfect weather does exist.
Tried that, it gets boring after a short time. You are right though, perfect weather does exist, and for me it is right here in West Michigan. Changing seasons, Warm Summers, cool Spring and Falls, and colder Winters with snow.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:28 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,411,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Tried that, it gets boring after a short time. You are right though, perfect weather does exist, and for me it is right here in West Michigan. Changing seasons, Warm Summers, cool Spring and Falls, and colder Winters with snow.
"You cannot give reputation to the same post twice"

Old 04-09-2009, 11:46 AM

265 posts, read 801,425 times
If the weather would be perfect here in Michigan year-round, the place would become another SoCal. Everybody would move up north, millions of people, pollution, outrageous home prices, crime, traffic and all the other fun stuff. The cold, longer winters keep most people away. And that's just fine for me.

I lived in Orange County for 1 1/2 years but decided to move back to Michigan. I do miss SoCal and the weather from February through April.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:14 PM

939 posts, read 2,680,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf67 View Post
If the weather would be perfect here in Michigan year-round, the place would become another SoCal. Everybody would move up north, millions of people, pollution, outrageous home prices, crime, traffic and all the other fun stuff. The cold, longer winters keep most people away. And that's just fine for me.

I lived in Orange County for 1 1/2 years but decided to move back to Michigan. I do miss SoCal and the weather from February through April.
Yes! The bitter cold and snow are very effective at keeping lots of undesireables away from "Up North", one of the reasons we love it up here

Old 08-02-2009, 05:59 AM

3 posts, read 7,894 times
My familly is overjoyed that I'm moving "back home" as they word it. Need a buyer for my beautiful townhouse in the Greenville, SC area. Closing on a home in MI. next week. I've made a pro and con list for moving and staying. The pro's have it. If I get snowed in I'll take up knitting again, do more research on my pc, begin reading in earnest again. Get back to my journals. Buy a snow shovel, ha. Chrish the smiles on the faces of family when they come to my door and know that I'm finally back where I belong.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:31 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,275,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara J Pearson View Post
My familly is overjoyed that I'm moving "back home" as they word it. Need a buyer for my beautiful townhouse in the Greenville, SC area. Closing on a home in MI. next week. I've made a pro and con list for moving and staying. The pro's have it. If I get snowed in I'll take up knitting again, do more research on my pc, begin reading in earnest again. Get back to my journals. Buy a snow shovel, ha. Chrish the smiles on the faces of family when they come to my door and know that I'm finally back where I belong.
Well welcome back to Michigan. I hope your positive attitude stays with you. A friend of mine at work has this philosophy. He hates heat. " Heat sucks, you can't dress for really hot heat. When it's hot it's hot and there are times a T and shorts are not enough so what do you do? When it gets bitter cold it sucks, but you can always put on an extra layer, wear a hat and gloves and let the car warm up a few minutes longer."

Old 08-02-2009, 06:50 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,198,453 times
I'm from FL an been living in MI for awhile and have heard a lot of Midwesterners say it's too hot down there. The worst months of heat July, Aug, Sept is the time to crank down the AC, rent some movies, do indoor things, much like I do all winter long up here.

I've always said at least with heat you can shed clothes and get down to shorts and flip-flops to be comfortable, but with the cold sometimes it don't matter how many layers you have on the, cold goes straight to the bone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan