Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 02:56 PM

7 posts, read 7,287 times

Advertisements

Grand Haven, South Haven or St Joe?

Those seem to be the final contenders. We are a young married couple moving from IN. will probably have kids in the next couple years. First and foremost want a very safe city, cute cozy downtown, and a nice beach. i want the downtown and beach to be close enough to each other to walk to both. which city would you choose and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 12:20 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkchase View Post
Grand Haven, South Haven or St Joe?

Those seem to be the final contenders. We are a young married couple moving from IN. will probably have kids in the next couple years. First and foremost want a very safe city, cute cozy downtown, and a nice beach. i want the downtown and beach to be close enough to each other to walk to both. which city would you choose and why?
Grand Haven. Schools are pretty good, downtown and beach are a nice walk along the boardwalk from each other.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:26 PM

19 posts, read 80,590 times
I'm a transplant to the St. Joseph area, from the Detroit area. 5 years so far. Pretty "safe". Yep, cute and cozy downtown. And the big beautiful beach is just down the steps. But that and with all that always goes on during the nice season, downtown can get pretty busy with all the visitors form IN and IL. From what I hear/read the schools are pretty good. The south side of town is nice also. I grew up in suburbia, so that is more comfortable for me. Corn fields and vineyards. And if you're beach people, Grand Mere is more enjoyable, due to way less people compared to downtown St Joe.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:16 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,248,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisq12 View Post
Have you thought about Grosse Point?
The school systems have a good reputation

https://www.facebook.com/quille.alexis/?ref=bookmarks
Wrong side of the state for the OP. best wishes on your real estate career and Grosse Pointe has an e at the end .

Old 05-16-2018, 08:31 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
Wrong side of the state for the OP. best wishes on your real estate career and Grosse Pointe has an e at the end .

They probably will not be back, just post an ad and move on to other forums and wait for a bite. If he or she wants to be GP realtor, they should probably learn where GP is and how to spell the name of the City. The funny question is: "how could they possibly not know these two things?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan