Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 10:54 AM

495 posts, read 326,999 times

Advertisements

I think that it will pass. Personally, I don't like marijuana. I tried it several times and never felt good from it, but felt kind of awful coming off of it once. Made BF's behave like self-centered a-holes, too. However, as a principle, I think it should be legal. It's a naturally occurring substance, and I think police waste a bunch of their resources trying to bust people for it, making criminals out of otherwise decent citizens (even if they may act like self-centered a-holes in a romantic relationship).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 04:56 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
If Tylentol did the trick, I wouldn't be asking. Can't use NSAIDS (ie, Aleve) unfortunately. I have smoked before...but it's been a long time. It's much stronger stuff than it used to be. I even noticed a big change from the '70's to '80's. I wouldn't smoke it if I wanted to try it for occasional pain relief but would consider consumables if they become legal here. I wouldn't want a high, just pain relief. If it makes you too high to CARE that you're in pain, that's not what I would want for daytime relief .
Opioids are a pain to obtain, addictive of course, and they make me itch all over
(among other undesirable side effects).
I was prescribed an opioid after a surgery about 2 years ago and after taking one dose, got strung out for what seemed like 12 hours, and then came down off that high, I flushed them down the toilet because I knew they were extremely addictive. I think it was Vicadin but can't remember now. I just suffered and took Advil.

I agree that cannabis is stronger now than when I was in college back in the early 90's. Yes if you're buying weed from your neighbor down the street, I don't really think you know how potent each bag is going to be. But I think medicinal is much more descriptive and measured when you buy it. Honestly I don't know because I haven't had to deal with any medical conditions lately. But I definitely know people (many with cancer and other serious ailments) who swear by it, legal or not.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:20 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,307 times
It's less dangerous than tobacco and alcohol. I avoid all three, but I accept the fact that most people use at least one of those three. I will vote for legalization to stop jailing innocent people at taxpayer expense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan