Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:51 AM

550 posts, read 2,052,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToKZOO View Post
Hi, I figured I'd post my question in this thread rather than start another Kalamazoo related thread. I'll be moving to Kalamazoo from NC in August to start a grad program at Western. Basically, I just need a modest studio or 1 BR in a quiet, safe area for a good price. I came across this apartment complex on "Apartmentratings.com," and noticed that it had a perfect approval rating. The complex is called Clayborne Court Apartments, and appears to be on the westside of town. Is this complex in a safe, quiet area? From the map, it appears to be off South Drake Road.
I had a friend live there in college-of course i never really really hung out with her so i can't tell you what they are really like but the area is not bad at all
i lived off drake at forest hills for a couple years and it was really nice-you'll have a mix of college students, but also families...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 05:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofromcheboygankalamazoo View Post
I had a friend live there in college-of course i never really really hung out with her so i can't tell you what they are really like but the area is not bad at all
i lived off drake at forest hills for a couple years and it was really nice-you'll have a mix of college students, but also families...
Thanks!!! Sounds good.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:22 PM

107 posts, read 357,036 times
Portage is also Nice!!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:00 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Portage is also Nice!!!!
Portage is great. Also, Schoolcraft, if you don't mind a short drive down 131. Very cozy small town.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:15 PM

259 posts, read 823,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToKZOO View Post
Hi, I figured I'd post my question in this thread rather than start another Kalamazoo related thread. I'll be moving to Kalamazoo from NC in August to start a grad program at Western. Basically, I just need a modest studio or 1 BR in a quiet, safe area for a good price. I came across this apartment complex on "Apartmentratings.com," and noticed that it had a perfect approval rating. The complex is called Clayborne Court Apartments, and appears to be on the westside of town. Is this complex in a safe, quiet area? From the map, it appears to be off South Drake Road.
Yes, this a nice place, right around the corner from WMU, but not right in the "college living area." Its right next to a huge church and on the other side is a very nice complex called dover hills. If you head south a little, there is west michigan, which if you take east there will somey all college apartments and stuff. I would say you would be very happy if you lived there, close to west main where theres a lot of stuff and close to downtown or portage with a short drive.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:06 PM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,337,423 times
Kalamazoo isn't really a bad city everybody really get along if you mind yours.

But some good areas are Westnedge Hill area, North Westnedge is good if you like the urban kind of rough area. Gull Rd a lot of places and apartments to live over here but it's getting kind of like N Westnedge but Gull Rd is a main road so you have a lot of things to do ex: Shopping, gyms, beaches and etc. Other Main roads/areas that are safe or some parts of them are safe are West Main, Cork St (Some Parts), Sprinkle, Stadium (Some Parts), Riverview (When you go down past Gull Rd), Portage (by the airport) but when you go down South Portage it gets rough over there..But there are a lot of areas around here. I'm not going to be in Kalamazoo for much longer but I have 12 years experience here. I hope you make a good choice and I hope you love Kalamazoo.

BTW.. Oakland and Parkview areas are good to..a great beach really really close to it.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:40 PM

6 posts, read 69,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggytheelf View Post
Hi...........Thank you. What about these areas?

1. Eastside

2. Westnedge Hill

3. Burke Acres

4. Fairmont

Thank you so much for answering my questions!

Jen
Westnedge Hill is the nicest in that list. The east side isn't too nice. Fairmount is ok, but it's right next to the dreaded north side. I have a friend who lives there and is not too crazy about it.

Personally I like Parchment. It's a nice atmosphere. As always, it depends on what your budget is, family situation, etc. The south side is cool too. That's where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan