Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 02:44 PM

610 posts, read 263,870 times

Advertisements

I am not a Whitmer fan and I do not agree with certain aspects of her stay at home order but this protest stuff is way too over the top for me. Not only will it not change anything but having cars blocking streets throughout Lansing could prevent ambulances/fire trucks/police officers from responding to an emergency. That being said, I really would like her to start publicly giving details on what her plan is for reopening parts of the economy. Many other governors have started work on this. When she has been asked the question up until now she has blatantly dodged it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2020, 03:05 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,939,804 times
Again I think we are doing is necessary however was it really necessary for the following people to gather today at the Suburban Showcase Collection in Novi for a "photo-op" about the now drastically scaled-back field hospital:

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer
US Senator Gary Peters
US Rep Hailey Stevens
Oakland County Executive Dave Coulter

Guess what....they are all Democrats. Was it really necessary for all four of them to travel to Novi to stand around for a staged briefing and socially distanced "photo op"? If that wasn't a political stunt, I don't know what is.

I guess I'm just frustrated that both sides at all levels of government are politicizing this crisis and making it more about them.
Their jobs will still be there at the end of the day and a lot of people in the state are nervous as heck about the health and economic fall out of this mess.

Last edited by DTWflyer; 04-14-2020 at 03:27 PM..

Old 04-14-2020, 03:31 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,861,614 times
I don't know if it was for political reasons only. You have probably noticed that there has been a lot of national pressure and criticism regarding Whitmer. Sounds like it might have been a defensive move. Since I'm not in her place, it's difficult for me to say what may have been a more effective strategy. Media coverage is really important, and that sort of "they are there in person" thing is what TV news, etc. run after.
Personally I would have preferred to stay at home, but my feet aren't in the fire.

Old 04-14-2020, 03:39 PM

"I guess I'm just frustrated that both sides at all levels of government are politicizing this crisis and making it more about them.
Their jobs will still be there at the end of the day and a lot of people in the state are nervous as heck about the health and economic fall out of this mess."

I certainly agree.

Old 04-14-2020, 04:14 PM

864 posts, read 1,719,920 times
I'm betting you're getting a paycheck for doing nothing and have no concerns about your job, or you're a rich white liberal, or just a Democrat partisan -- or a combination of the three. The governor of Michigan is a laughing stock. First she outlaws the only potential treatment for this virus and then she goes so far overboard on government restrictions that it even makes California look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
What is wrong with people, its just few weeks in home. Why are people so impatient and so restless. Why can't you just chill and be happy to be alive. Your painting can wait few weeks, your gardening can wait few weeks (if anything most year we still have snow in April & not ready for garden weather), your job can wait few weeks. You are not going to die from not working, the world won't end because your highness did not show up to work. Have a life outside of work, have a life that doesn't revolve around living in dog eat dog world. Whatever you need to get done can wait. If you died it would not get done either. All else fails, order online

I don't understand these people. I am loving my stay home break. For the first time in life we have total permission to not do anything & people are protesting. It is tough being simple

Old 04-14-2020, 04:29 PM

You might want to do some research on what Nazism really is. and how it was used in Germany. Being told where you can go, who you can associate with, what you can buy, a total take over of government of most businesses, etc (ie a totalitarian government state) is pretty much where MI is now.

And a refusal to listen to actual news rather than propaganda is another another trait of the fascist. In case you haven't noticed, most of the so-called news services are strictly propaganda outlets for the DNC at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I'm mad. Apparently there are posts in Idaho with Whitmer's number going around saying to call and demand our constitutional rights restrictions whatever blah blah blah. Idaho, stronghold of white nazisim.
Of course Michigan was home to the MI Militia and Timoth McVeigh. Some of thos michigan guys probably moved to Idaho So that makes sense. Still too many here.
Still they can stay the f out of our business one way or another.

And I don't know what the video was about, I won't click on fox news, have no idea who tucker carlson is but assume I don't want to.

Old 04-14-2020, 05:18 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
First she outlaws the only potential treatment for this virus .
What?

Old 04-14-2020, 05:20 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
I do think that Whitmer being a woman, and a Democrat, and a possible VP have whipped up the male militia right into a frothing hating frenzy. I hope she wears bullet vests

Old 04-14-2020, 06:20 PM

She used the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) to threaten any doctor who used Hydroxychloroquine on a Coronavirus patient with "administrative action". She did this on 3/24 and then had to walk it back a week later on 3/31 when a Democrat legislator in Michigan credited it with saving her life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
What?

Old 04-14-2020, 06:55 PM

There is no scientific proof that it has worked on anything other than cultured cells, so far. Absolutely none. It doesn't even work when tested on MICE in numerous tests. No sane physicians are recommending it as a treatment so far, although it might rarely be used as a last resort, along with other medications. Some people have suffered deadly cardiac side affects, though.
Trump doesn't like to talk about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan