Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 08:36 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
That fact check link is a week old. Gonna need another fact check for this:
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...er/5254889002/
1. So, are you questioning the fact check from last week?

2. Nothing in your news link but more rumor. If it proves true, link up and let us know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 02:29 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,603,086 times
Ok, here is your link:

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...st-a-bad-joke/

Old 05-30-2020, 01:35 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Didn't she tell the workers to stay home instead of going to work and fixing the dams?

This is why you need to harass the Dems in Congress and tell them to cooperate with the Repubs on an infrastructure bill. We need the jobs more than ever to avert several tragedies (suicides, bankruptcies and structural failures).
She's awful, grant you. But how did she cause the dam collapse?

Old 05-31-2020, 11:19 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,015,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
She's awful, grant you. But how did she cause the dam collapse?

The dam owner, Boyce Hydro always lowers the impounded water level behind the dam, in anticipation of heavy rains. We knew the 3 day rain was coming (I live in Sanford). That dam is now controlled by the state of Michigan as of last year, not FERC.

Anyway, he contacted EGLE (former DEQ of Michigan) and asked permission to lower the water. Like has been done every year for 95 years of this dams life.

They REFUSED, because they wanted to protect some "freshwater mussels" (clams) that would die it exposed to air. In fact, Nessel (AG of Michigan) filed a lawsuit against Boyce for starting to lower water levels anyway.

The earthen D A M on Wixom lake is over 6,000ft long. It was never made to hold anything higher than 2/3 maximum water level. That got saturated due to the lake overfilling, and burst out through a forest and created a new channel and drained into much smaller Sanford Lake. All that flood debree, trees, boats, trailers, sheds, trash, anything you can imagine came downriver, and hit Sanford with a WALL of water. It breached the Sanford D A M at over 15' high. and blew through downtown, and wiped it out. One of our subdivisions was completely washed away, every house except one.

So, the state has a big hand in the dam break, and they are now being sued by us along with Boyce Hydro. Boyce has a long history of stone-walling maintenance, because they didn't have enough money to upgrade the dams to the level of the Oroville D A M, which is what the feds had been demanding they do for years. So both the state & Boyce have culpability here.

Even so, if the state had allowed the drawdown needed, the levee part of the D A M likely would NOT have washed out.

Whitmer is now attempting a coverup of the failure, by ordering EGLE is investigate itself, and it's role in this. https://www.bridgemi.com/guest-comme...-dam-failures?

https://www.abc12.com/content/news/M...570683781.html

https://www.ourmidland.com/news/arti...s-15304102.php

https://www.ourmidland.com/news/arti...t-15304173.php

https://www.ourmidland.com/news/arti...d-15303749.php

https://www.ourmidland.com/news/arti...-15296763.php#

Last edited by MikeBear; 05-31-2020 at 11:39 AM..

Old 05-31-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Whitmer is now attempting a coverup of the failure, by ordering EGLE is investigate itself, and it's role in this.
Thanks. I knew she was bad but not that bad. I hope she gets the VP nomination, to drive another nail in Biden's coffin.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:51 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,516,069 times
She's a one termer--and will be gone. Not a bad looking ole gal, but looks don't account for the rocks between her ears.

I cannot think of but a few worse states to be a politician in.

Old 05-31-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman1 View Post
She's a one termer--and will be gone. Not a bad looking ole gal, but looks don't account for the rocks between her ears.

I cannot think of but a few worse states to be a politician in.
She seems to have forgotten who the state voted for in November 2016, when I voted for Hillary.

Old 05-31-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I knew she was bad but not that bad. I hope she gets the VP nomination, to drive another nail in Biden's coffin.

She won't, she's finished. We have a recall petition that likely will be approved by the end of this coming week.

Also, she's now been ordered this past Friday to testify as to her (crazy Covid-19) actions by CONGRESS, and that happens this Tuesday. I fully expect that after that, she will be impeached by the state legislature. If not, she will be recalled. She's pissed off at least 90% of the states residents, and she has no hope of even making it to the end of her term.

Last edited by MikeBear; 05-31-2020 at 07:23 PM..

Old 05-31-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
She won't, she's finished. We have a recall petition that likely will be approve end of this coming week.

Also, she's now been ordered this past Friday to testify as to her (crazy Covid-19) actions by CONGRESS, and that happens this Tuesday. I fully expect that after that, she will be impeached by the state legislature. If not, she will be recalled. She's pissed off at least 90% of the states residents, and she has no hope of even making it to the end of her term.
Will Michigan go red again this November? I've switched my allegiance to Trump, despite my extremely progressive Democratic opinions.

Old 05-31-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Will Michigan go red again this November? I've switched my allegiance to Trump, despite my extremely progressive Democratic opinions.

Let's hope. Personally, I think it will. Whitmer's actions in being a dictator has virtually assured it. You likely wouldn't even believe the hate out there now for her and her attack-dog AG Nessel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan