Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 10:56 AM

21,728 posts, read 16,334,063 times

Advertisements

Way to get back to normalcy. Re-open this economy! No more stay at home: Make America Drink Again!

https://krdo.com/news/national-world...-michigan-bar/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 12:28 PM

23,217 posts, read 29,026,930 times
If you want to make a big splash with readers make it sensational, let people assume that 152 people died from it. 152 died or were just tested for it and they turned up positive?

Old 07-03-2020, 01:08 PM

I didn’t catch any inference in report or post that would lead people to assume there were fatalities. It is an example of contact tracing identifying foolish “Reopening” behavior.

Old 07-03-2020, 01:52 PM

544 posts, read 900,302 times
How many cases of chlamydia?

Old 07-03-2020, 04:34 PM

238 posts, read 129,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Way to get back to normalcy. Re-open this economy! No more stay at home: Make America Drink Again!

At this point one has got to question how these "numbers" are being derived. I don't know anyone who's gotten tested, let alone gotten "sick", let alone who has died from this virus that's supposedly out there. Experts? The bobble-heads who pop up on the television touting themselves as "experts" worthy of governing every aspect of your and my life weren't trustworthy before this event, so why trust them now?

I sure see the 6' distance lines drawn on the floors at stores and the 1984-esque signs posted at every turn. I see the signs on the overpass warning me that I'm better off staying at home. They shut off the water fountains at work (great, because being dehydrated helps keep people healthy) and even at the gym, but I'm touching the same tools at work and the same gym equipment everyone else is. We use the same doors, the same toilets, and everything else yet......no one is sick. Heck, we don't even know if this virus survives surfaces and it likely doesn't.

So who's agenda is it to keep people at home? To shut people out of work? To ramp up the government benefits and the printing presses to cause massive inflation (which is horrendous for anyone who isn't already filthy rich)? Does anyone who posts here honestly have a friend who got sick? A family member? Even a co-worker? Anyone at all?

I ask you, aside from keeping a watch on our elderly in nursing homes and those with compounding illnesses otherwise, how is shutting the world down for everyone else a good thing? If anything we need to get ourselves out there, mingle, play in the dirt, shake hands and all the rest to help build up our general immune systems. People who isolate themselves in their own proverbial bubbles and who overuse/abuse cleaning agents are the ones who are sick all the time. Am I unrealistic in that observation?

Old 07-03-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHammer View Post
At this point one has got to question how these "numbers" are being derived. I don't know anyone who's gotten tested, let alone gotten "sick", let alone who has died from this virus that's supposedly out there. Experts? The bobble-heads who pop up on the television touting themselves as "experts" worthy of governing every aspect of your and my life weren't trustworthy before this event, so why trust them now?

I sure see the 6' distance lines drawn on the floors at stores and the 1984-esque signs posted at every turn. I see the signs on the overpass warning me that I'm better off staying at home. They shut off the water fountains at work (great, because being dehydrated helps keep people healthy) and even at the gym, but I'm touching the same tools at work and the same gym equipment everyone else is. We use the same doors, the same toilets, and everything else yet......no one is sick. Heck, we don't even know if this virus survives surfaces and it likely doesn't.

So who's agenda is it to keep people at home? To shut people out of work? To ramp up the government benefits and the printing presses to cause massive inflation (which is horrendous for anyone who isn't already filthy rich)? Does anyone who posts here honestly have a friend who got sick? A family member? Even a co-worker? Anyone at all?

I ask you, aside from keeping a watch on our elderly in nursing homes and those with compounding illnesses otherwise, how is shutting the world down for everyone else a good thing? If anything we need to get ourselves out there, mingle, play in the dirt, shake hands and all the rest to help build up our general immune systems. People who isolate themselves in their own proverbial bubbles and who overuse/abuse cleaning agents are the ones who are sick all the time. Am I unrealistic in that observation?
Well, if you personally don’t know anyone who got sick that kinda wraps it up for the world experience then don’t it. It’s all a conspiracy. Same folks abusing children in pizza parlor basements no doubt!

Old 07-03-2020, 04:57 PM

11,435 posts, read 5,973,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

You say it like its a bad thing.

I agree with the principle you are mocking. Open up, take our hit and get it over with. The more people under 60 who get Covid 19 and recover from it, the faster we will achieve herd immunity.

Bars are instrumental in getting that done right now.

If you are over 70, you should maintain 6-feet distance from otheres and wash your hands often, especially if you have co-morbidities. For people under 60, live your life and take your 3-weeks of illness, recover, become immune, and get on with your life. You will be helping all of the rest of us, thank you.

Old 07-03-2020, 05:00 PM

11,435 posts, read 5,973,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If you want to make a big splash with readers make it sensational, let people assume that 152 people died from it. 152 died or were just tested for it and they turned up positive?
If 150 people died, that would be the headline.

That the media is not reporting rises in deaths at all right now is proof that cases are soaring but deaths are not. Should deaths begin to soar, it will lead on CNN, above the fold on the New York Time, and in every other venue. Dr. Fauci will come out of hiding.

Until then, soaring case without soaring deaths are a good thing for attaining herd immunty

Old 07-03-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
You say it like its a bad thing.

I agree with the principle you are mocking. Open up, take our hit and get it over with. The more people under 60 who get Covid 19 and recover from it, the faster we will achieve herd immunity.

Bars are instrumental in getting that done right now.

If you are over 70, you should maintain 6-feet distance from otheres and wash your hands often, especially if you have co-morbidities. For people under 60, live your life and take your 3-weeks of illness, recover, become immune, and get on with your life. You will be helping all of the rest of us, thank you.
Your confidence and excitement for achieving herd immunity is great. Only problem is not all Corona viruses are subject to herd immunity. Take the common cold for instance. It’s a Corona virus. Not too many people are immune to the common cold virus. Good news: it’s not as devastating as Covid19.

On the other hand, my mother was never sick, even with a common cold, in all her 99 years. Not one day. I used to get colds when younger but it’s now been over 30 years for me ... sooo, yeah, maybe some people do develop immunities. And maybe you’ll be one yourself. Hope so. Good luck! And bottoms up!

Old 07-04-2020, 01:58 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,680,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayHammer View Post

As of about 8 weeks ago, three of my former patients were dead of covid and the other nurse at my facility spiked a fever for a couple weeks when she got it from one of those now dead patients. Because of hippa, I don’t know how many more have been sick or died, I quit that job due to a masking policy change that further endangered the patients and staff at that facility. I’d be very surprised if more haven’t gotten sick or passed away since then, but not my circus, not my monkeys.

At that facility, neither the patients nor the staff had the ability to “self isolate” - the staff were essential, and the patients need their dialysis every other day or they’ll die from uremia or fluid overload. The patients and staff there are depending on the rest of the population being careful about spreading the virus - they all need to buy food and gas and cat litter, just like you do, only they’re stuck in a dialysis center (closer than 6 feet apart) for 9-12+ hours per week as patients, or 40-60+ hours per week for staff.

The close confines of the dialysis center, combined with the patient’s weakened immune systems means that if any one of those 60-ish patients gets it, everyone who passes through the building is at severe risk. Further, you can’t exclude dialysis patients with a cough, as 3+ liters of extra water in your blood naturally causes a cough. So the patients and staff get to listen to each other cough and wonder who just has too much fluid on, and who has the virus.

Every city of any size in Michigan has at least one dialysis center - bigger cities might have half-a-dozen & many of those larger cities have larger centers that might serve over a hundred patients each. The staff and the patients that go to those facilities also go to the same stores and businesses that everyone else does. A nurse or a tech who got covid could easily infect most of those patients, and dialysis patients who get covid don’t have a very good prognosis.

But hey, masks are for lefty, pinko-commies, amirite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan