Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 09:38 AM
YAZ YAZ started this thread

7,706 posts, read 14,082,442 times

Advertisements

Approaching my fourth summer here in Phoenix, and I gotta tell ya, I miss summertime in MI.

If it gets too hot, jump in the lake.

Outdoor concerts at night!

All of the great camping and fishing spots.

Some of the coolest golf courses in the country.

And last but not least, having my bedroom window open at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 09:47 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,847,360 times
I hear you YAZ, Michigan has the best Summers in the US. I have been all over and while other areas have some good points during the Summer, Michigan is blessed with, IMHO, the best of all aspects of Summer. Water, Weather, Activities, Scenery, the whole package.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:47 AM

695 posts, read 3,410,097 times
Dare I ask why you can't have your window open at night in AZ?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:04 PM

282 posts, read 1,168,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Approaching my fourth summer here in Phoenix, and I gotta tell ya, I miss summertime in MI.

I lived in Phenix too. In the winter in Mich we pretty much stay indoors don't we. Sometimes it's a must b/c it's too cold/snowed in,etc.
In Phenix I had my windows open all "winter." You have a few weeks in the summer where you want to stay indoors but only b/c of the heat. At least you don't have to put on a ton of cloths,worry about getting sick ALL summer or winter,shovel out the snow drifts just to leave the house No humidity to deal with,etc. Concerts/fishing/camping and golf can only be done for a couple of months in the summer. Phenix is a year round city for activities.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:27 PM

104 posts, read 375,029 times
I love MI summers because while there are a few days here and there throughout the season, it never gets so hot to the point where you fear you might melt!

Old 05-04-2008, 12:45 PM

734 posts, read 2,617,105 times
^ Yeah it does. Often.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:22 PM

104 posts, read 375,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post
^ Yeah it does. Often.
Not to me,lol. I've been in New Orleans in July. If it wasn't for the hurricanes, I thought I was going to turn into a puddle. I've also been in Mississippi and Virginia in the summer. I'll take a hot MI summer day over any I had in those places. NYC too. With all the concrete and people, it's stifling. Always a lot of fun, but stifling.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardwellave View Post

I would guess most do. I don't live in Phoenix but I live in the SW desert and my windows are open most of the time, certainly in the summer, but it gets too cold for a couple of months for open windows.

Michigan certainly does have the advantage of many lakes in the summer. Not just the lakes but the rivers and streams for canoing and rafting.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:41 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post

Why don't you go camping up in Flagstaff? Pretty nice up there and it's so close but also a lot of the mountains there are wonderful for camping out. Or do what I do -- take a summer vacation in Michigan.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:20 PM
YAZ YAZ started this thread

7,706 posts, read 14,082,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardwellave View Post

It gets down to 95 at night starting in June.

Our Ac runs 100% 'til Sept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan