Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 07:59 AM

336 posts, read 905,183 times

Advertisements

[quote=Bhaalspawn;4734224]If you go and bring this issue up on other forums, people will inevitably trot out the stale statistic about how on average people with college degrees earn far more than people with high school degrees and then someone will come out and say that 5% unemployment is about as low as unemployment can possibly get in the first place.

Oh yeah...you're still expected to retrain and reeducate even if you already have a couple degrees. Somehow, magically, people are supposed to be able to invest even more time and money in education and to be able to take on and shoulder even more student loan debt.
quote]

There will always be a percentage of the population that can't or won't have the ability or ambition to be competitive. So if we don't save some of the decent paying menial jobs for the undereducated here all we're doing is increasing the number of Americans on welfare.

It's going to take me 25 years to pay off my student loans and I'm required by the state to have additional semester hours to keep my certification valid. My parents who are nurses have to have continuing education credits every year too, but they can get 25 CE for a $25.00 class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 02:09 PM

214 posts, read 1,058,677 times
Ann arbor it probably will do better then the rest of detroit but it isn`t immune to all the problems we face. I moved out of detroit 3 months ago and i been there a few times it looks alot slower these days compared to before. There was a few more empty houses, litter, graffiti,etc. And this state is losing jobs why would illegals come here when there are better places for them like california, arizona, etc.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:32 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,362,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre71 View Post
Ann arbor it probably will do better then the rest of detroit but it isn`t immune to all the problems we face. I moved out of detroit 3 months ago and i been there a few times it looks alot slower these days compared to before. There was a few more empty houses, litter, graffiti,etc. And this state is losing jobs why would illegals come here when there are better places for them like california, arizona, etc.
For one thing, "Gov, Jennifer M. Granholm " has been inviting Illegals to work the farms of Michigan.
I've written to her letting her know what kind of an insult she was to the state of MI.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:42 PM

Jenny is the worst govenor. She is so corrupt and stupid she will never try to help the people of michigan. Most of our elected officials seem to forget they work for the people not themselves. Carl levin and John conyers haven`t done much either. Michigan was better with repub`s in control now look at it. If obama wins the rest of america will be as bad as it was with carter. I know I will hear about bush agin but i dont think he was that good anyways. I like conservatives like reagon not the moderate bush`s. I remember how good it was in the 80`s with reagon, north,gingrich the good days.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM

Your probably right sam721. Aint that some **** people need jobs here but jenny brings illegals. What a damn shame.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:05 PM

262 posts, read 785,781 times
Here is what needs to be done
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15D3ElV1Jzw This is to good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan