Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:04 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,844,647 times

Advertisements

Hey, surprisingly no one has mentioned on here that Hemlock Semiconducter (part of Dow Chemical) is building a $1 Billion expansion and adding 1300 jobs just West of Saginaw. These are high-tech manufacturing jobs, as well as management, quality, and office jobs. Come on people! When there is good news to talk about, spread it around.

The Saginaw News - MLive.com: HSC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 07:55 PM

580 posts, read 1,680,576 times
Dont stay in Saginaw, its not a place to reside in. Saginaw sadly may make you turn back around and give you the wrong impression of Michigan. Sorry to say that, I mean certain parts of Saginaw. You should move to Lansing, or East Lansing, Michigan or even Grand Rapids or Ann arbor. Its much better and safer in these areas... I live in Michigan all my life and never would want to live in Saginaw nor flint. If you like the beaches alot its better to live on west Michigan. Although Mid-Michigan is also a great place to stay... think about it

Old 12-18-2007, 11:49 PM

801 posts, read 2,564,973 times
I've seen some rental properties advertised in Saginaw... low prices and good cash flow... so that's tempting to me as a way to buy a first property. But hearing this discussion... I think I may want to stay away. The neighborhoods for these properties were just south of 46, one was off of Sheridan and the other one was south of the Delphi plant, closer to the Hess & Genessee intersection. Any thoughts?

I know I might be buying an inexpensive property in a not-so-great area to get my start, but I want it to be somewhere safe... I'm thinking I might be better off trying to find something in a rural area (Hillsdale County) or in Toledo/East Toledo.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:31 AM

36 posts, read 151,324 times
I think hillsdale might be a better place to look.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:35 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer22 View Post
I've seen some rental properties advertised in Saginaw... low prices and good cash flow... so that's tempting to me as a way to buy a first property. But hearing this discussion... I think I may want to stay away. The neighborhoods for these properties were just south of 46, one was off of Sheridan and the other one was south of the Delphi plant, closer to the Hess & Genessee intersection. Any thoughts?

I know I might be buying an inexpensive property in a not-so-great area to get my start, but I want it to be somewhere safe... I'm thinking I might be better off trying to find something in a rural area (Hillsdale County) or in Toledo/East Toledo.
Not Sangiaw! Midland is nice.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:14 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,439,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Not Sangiaw! Midland is nice.
Or even Clare for that small town feel.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:02 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Or even Clare for that small town feel.
Agreed however, it is not close to the Saginaw area. Hemlock was posted, that is also a nice area.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,841 times
Default Rental Properties

I am from NJ and can't help but be interested in the price of real estate in Saginaw and Flint. It seems like you can't go wrong buying , say 10 houses for a total of $20,000-25,000 and renting them out for $200-300 a month. Could someone from the area please enlighten me on this matter. Thanks

Old 01-19-2008, 05:11 PM

8 posts, read 74,348 times
I grew up in Saginaw, Michigan and left for college in 1981 I never moved back to Michigan after living all over this country I now live in the DC area as well and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Sure the cost are a little high but unlike in Saginaw in the town I live in here in Maryland I can walk to the store at night and feel safe. I would never tell anyone to move to Saginaw it's not a good place and yes I still have family there whom I visit from time to time.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,719 times
Saginaw is great. It has all the elements of a major city. Yes one of those is high crime but thats only in certain areas. The crime is very bad though someone got shot in my front yard and my neighbor was shot in the head last year. There are very nice areas too. The township has just about any store or restarant you could think of. There are very nice subdivisions. There is a lot of things to do, hamilton st bars, always concerts going on, spirit and sting games, temple theatre, beaches on the bay...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan