Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2008, 10:55 AM

133 posts, read 498,241 times

Advertisements

I was looking at Yahoo Maps at The Dream golf course off of M-55 west of West Branch and noticed that just across I-75 and a few feet to the west is what appears to be an abandoned golf course, or perhaps one that never came about. I counted 18 "fairways" with what look like snowmobile/ATV trails going through them. Does anyone know anything about this? Was it a possible extension of The Dream, or maybe where someone wanted to put The Nightmare before settling for the land across M-55? Just curious - I couldn't find any information on it online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 09:00 PM

268 posts, read 1,613,901 times
My mother used to work at a golf course as a teen in the late '70s in West Brach. The country club burned down and closed. Perhaps this is the golf course in question.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:49 PM

188 posts, read 607,346 times
I think I know which one you're talking about. Does it almost seem to butt up to the express way? Seems to me that just north of the south westbranch exit (has honkers and outlet mall), off of 75 there was a development going in on the west side of the road. Never saw anyone there except a billboard and what seems to me was a fairway through the trees.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:04 PM

760 posts, read 2,440,330 times
"The Dream" is on the side towards the expressway. "The Nightmare" is across the road and more private, very likely what you saw on the map. I used to live a few miles from there and they were both still operating when we left in early 2006. Type in www dot golfnightmare dot com and you'll get the site for the one you were questioning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: