Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:44 AM

954 posts, read 4,365,891 times

Advertisements

Plymouth is where I proposed to my wife, and where we spent our wedding night.
It has a great Norman Rockwell kind of feel - downtown park/village square.
I grew up in Western Suburbs. If work took me back there, I would look seriously at Plymouth. IMO Canton has overgrown its infrastructure and would not be my first choice anymore. Although, it would be nice for all the shopping there to be close by.
Ann Arbor is great, but you really don't feel like you are so much a part of Detroit Metro, when you go that far out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 08:42 PM

3 posts, read 11,135 times
I live in Livonia & love it! It's a hop, skip, & a jump away from Plymouth. While there isn't very much ethnic diversity (it's almost completely white) there are many interesting properties, young and energetic families, and plenty of out door excersize areas nearby. Someone mentioned Hine Park, I run down there almost daily, it goes from Dearborn to Plymouth and some of the best sites, recreation areas (several picnic areas, Nankin Mills, and D.O.G. park), an many family events in the Livonia section. Also the best part is that properties are opening up and inexpensively. There is a house on the market on Farmington Road south of Plymouth Rd that is newly built, nice sized yard, and has an indoor pool on the market for under 200. Also look into Old Rosedale Garden (where I live), it's starting to fill up with new families, they are older houses designed after Roseville in Detroit. Very cool houses! Goodluck in your search!

Old 04-07-2009, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,642 times
My partner and I moved to Plymouth from Columbus Ohio. We both enjoy the city very much. There are several nice parks, and one that is downtown that hosts Friday night concerts throughout the summer. Plymouth has a monthly festival of one type or another throughout the year. It is close to downtown Detroit or to Ann Arbor and is twenty minutes from the metro airport.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:28 PM

227 posts, read 791,935 times
All these areas (except Detroit, personal opinion) are great areas if you're coming from Boston. They're not big cities like Boston though. Detroit is a city but it can be dangerous. (I know people will react to me saying that but oh well, it's what I think so there ya have it lol)

Novi is a great booming area too. I was born and raised near those areas and miss it terribly. I think that's where I'll end up when hubby and I move back.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 9,197 times
Plymouth is named for residents of Plymouth, MASS, who moved here way back. A great town, very nice homes in city itself but taxes are higher...great homes in Plymouth Township. Lakes abound here only 25 minutes from town. Great park system a minute from downtown along a river, but no swimming there avaialble, but there is on those lakes, which also have parks right on them. You're 3 hours from 18 million acres of forest in northern michigan and some of the best parks, lakes and trout streams in the eastern US. I write about Michigan for a living. Be glad to help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan