Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2007, 09:55 PM

4 posts, read 13,184 times

Advertisements

we`ve been in muskegon for a year now and we still havent made any friends! its obviously not us since back home in coleman,mi we have tons of friends and where we lived for the last 3 years-detroit-we had great neighbors. all i was hoping for was similar families,with kids, common sense people that like get togethers,bbq-ing,fishing,hunting, stuff like that. anybody interested or in the same situation email me, im starting to think people here are just plain weird
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2007, 06:20 PM

12 posts, read 45,331 times
Default I know

Hi, I also live in Muskegon with no friends but a few from church. I noticed when I stopped getting drunk and going to bars and drinking in the garage the friends just disappeared,but I now am involved with a chuch and I do have people to call or visit and see every sunday. Try it you might like it! I go to res/life on whitehall rd. many good outgoing people there.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:55 PM

3 posts, read 9,204 times
sorry its called living in muskegon, i think this whole west michigan area is funny, if your not from all there little towns then they done except you or talk to ya, i lived here forever i have the friends i grew up with and have met some good people but it is kinda weird and difficult to meet some good folks

Old 03-21-2009, 07:20 AM

2 posts, read 8,626 times
There are lots of things to do around the Muskegon area. Local libraries have storytelling and arts and crafts for younger children, local State parks have outdoors activities year around. Jump in the car and head to Grand Haven or up north. Get involved with your community and you'll see people responding back to you.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 PM

6 posts, read 19,775 times
How old are your kids? Elementary school age-it's fairly easy to make friend with parents of kids. Your children must be into something-band? sports? scouting?

I think people around here are so used to our area being dumped on by others that we are hesitant to talk to people who are not from the area. Stupid, because it sure doesn't help the image, but I have seen it happen. You may have to make the first moves....

Old 05-24-2009, 03:28 PM

7 posts, read 18,856 times
muskegon is a very weird town the people are all fake and wanna be christians-stay away from their churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan