Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 01:39 AM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
i know this thread is old but the company i used to work for used to have customers who were islamic. they would not deal with women in our company, only men. so we had to do everything through the sales guy. if you feel that women are not as good as men then don't do business in a country where women WORK.

The man's wife WORKS AT HIS STORE ALL THE TIME. She is sometimes minding the store and sometimes he is.

Maybe the man had a bad day. Maybe the customer was acting like an ass. People should really stop assuming this is a female issue.

To Redford Grandma, I also go to that store and he has always always been nice to me. Always gives candy to my daughter, (regular size candy bars not snack size).

And I go to that store alone, I have always used a credit card (I never carry cash) and sometimes my bill was under $10. He has never given me any hassle whatsoever.
Now that I know his limit is $10, I try to buy more things to meet his limit.

People should really stop with this entitlement attitude. It is his business and if he doesn't want to deal with credit cards for smaller amount, then he has the right to decide how to run his business. If you don't like it, then don't go to that store, but you really shouldn't LIBEL a person because of a simple misunderstanding that escalated.

There have been many people here making commments about religion and women/cultural attitudes about this man that are FALSE and can easily be proved.
If this were me, and it was my business, I would be contacting an attorney to find out what legal recourse I have to STOP this libelous and malicious attack on me and my business. and I would start with the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzzz01 View Post
I often go the library in that area. Think I'll stop in there next time and use my credit card to purchase something under $10.00. I hope he goes off on me because I'm not in a very good mood either! It could get interesting.
I am sure the OP had a similar attitude as you are describing here, and had a major contribution to the "conflict" just as you are describing here.

Why would you intentionally go into the store attempting to aggravate someone you don't even know?

The economy is bad, and I am sure many business are just trying their best to stay afloat. If the merchant's charge make a <$10 purchase not profitable to the store owner, why does anyone have a problem with this.

Use cash, or keep it moving.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:26 AM

362 posts, read 1,502,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
[/b]

It is his business and if he doesn't want to deal with credit cards for smaller amount, then he has the right to decide how to run his business. If you don't like it, then don't go to that store, but you really shouldn't LIBEL a person because of a simple misunderstanding that escalated.
Yes, it IS his business. However, the agreement that he signed (and ALL business owners who take credit cards sign one) with the CC company PROHIBITS limiting the amount of a purchase.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:11 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,056,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinkit View Post
Yes, it IS his business. However, the agreement that he signed (and ALL business owners who take credit cards sign one) with the CC company PROHIBITS limiting the amount of a purchase.
How right you are Trinkit...and kcam213 if I decide to go into his store or any other store for that matter I expect to be treated with respect as long as I exhibit the same. If by rights I am allowed to use a credit card at any time for any purchase then I'll damn well do it and not expect to be berated, shouted at, or insulted. Unfortunately there were only two witnesses to this incident and there's always two sides to every story and we don't know both sides. 'Use cash..or move on'...kcam213, you are the very last person on my list who is going to tell me how or where to spend my money.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:38 AM

850 posts, read 1,898,619 times
Quote:
[/b]

The man's wife WORKS AT HIS STORE ALL THE TIME. She is sometimes minding the store and sometimes he is.

Maybe the man had a bad day. Maybe the customer was acting like an ass. People should really stop assuming this is a female issue.

To Redford Grandma, I also go to that store and he has always always been nice to me. Always gives candy to my daughter, (regular size candy bars not snack size).

And I go to that store alone, I have always used a credit card (I never carry cash) and sometimes my bill was under $10. He has never given me any hassle whatsoever.
Now that I know his limit is $10, I try to buy more things to meet his limit.

People should really stop with this entitlement attitude. It is his business and if he doesn't want to deal with credit cards for smaller amount, then he has the right to decide how to run his business. If you don't like it, then don't go to that store, but you really shouldn't LIBEL a person because of a simple misunderstanding that escalated.

There have been many people here making commments about religion and women/cultural attitudes about this man that are FALSE and can easily be proved.
If this were me, and it was my business, I would be contacting an attorney to find out what legal recourse I have to STOP this libelous and malicious attack on me and my business. and I would start with the OP.
its just something that irritates me, whether it applies to this particular person or not. i never actually implied this man was that way so there's no need to start getting worked up over such a general statement. but you can call a lawyer if it makes you happy

Old 03-19-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzzz01 View Post
How right you are Trinkit...and kcam213 if I decide to go into his store or any other store for that matter I expect to be treated with respect as long as I exhibit the same. If by rights I am allowed to use a credit card at any time for any purchase then I'll damn well do it and not expect to be berated, shouted at, or insulted. Unfortunately there were only two witnesses to this incident and there's always two sides to every story and we don't know both sides. 'Use cash..or move on'...[B]kcam213, you are the very last person on my list who is going to tell me how or where to spend my money[/b].
If you don't like the rules, you don't have to play.
I highly doubt there was any shouted or insulting being done. Like you said, there were no witnesses.

I have been in restaraunts that will not serve without wearing "proper attire". It is their business, if I (or anyone) wants to go to a club that prohibits gym shoes, then I can take my business else where.

But I think it is quite silly to go to said restaruant and wear sneakers and dare anyone to say anything to me about it.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
its just something that irritates me, whether it applies to this particular person or not. i never actually implied this man was that way so there's no need to start getting worked up over such a general statement. but you can call a lawyer if it makes you happy
No, your didn't say anything. It was implied.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:42 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,056,714 times
Quote:
If you don't like the rules, you don't have to play.
I highly doubt there was any shouted or insulting being done. Like you said, there were no witnesses.

I have been in restaraunts that will not serve without wearing "proper attire". It is their business, if I (or anyone) wants to go to a club that prohibits gym shoes, then I can take my business else where.

But I think it is quite silly to go to said restaruant and wear sneakers and dare anyone to say anything to me about it.
If you want to be bullied by some shop keeper that violates the agreement that he signs and makes up his own rules that's your business. Comparing a restaurants attire policies to this situation is like comparing apples and oranges.
If I go to a nice restaurant I don't expect to sit next to some slob wearing flip flops and sweat pants but that's up to the restaurant owner whether to seat him/her or not...he's not bound by any contact that he signed agreeing to seat anyone who walks in the door.

Last edited by blackzzz01; 03-20-2009 at 04:56 AM..

Old 03-20-2009, 01:00 PM

Fine,
if you are speaking of the shop owner requiring a minimum credit card purchase... that is one thing... although there are MANY MANY stores that have similar rules. But all these other stores are not on spotlight... why?

Because OP insuniuated that this store owner was Islamic and against women and all things good in America.

That is where I find this whole thread repulsive and yes, racist.

This store owner has not demonstrated to ME, a female of color any of these alleged insults, nor has he acted this way to my husband who is on first name basis with this man and has known him for many many years.

If this man had these feelings, about females or people of color, my husband who has known him for years would have seen it...

or if store owner wanted to hide such feelings from family and friends then a complete female stranger (like me) would have seen something like this.

Nope, neither a long term friend or a frequent unknown customer (like myself) would have seen it.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:18 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
there are plenty of rude pple of every color and religion. i didnt think everyone assumed he was islamic on the thread, though it was mentioned as a possible reason as to his manner to the offended woman. not all islamic pple are so traditional either, the ones here at least. i know about that first hand. anyway dont go back to the store that solves the problem for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: