Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2007, 04:49 PM

2 posts, read 12,277 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Marquette this summer and am looking for a nice apartment to rent until I can find a house. The problem I'm running into is I have a cat. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 11:23 AM

790 posts, read 2,312,224 times
I lived in Neguanee last spring. It's only about 10 miles from Marquette, but it's a lot cheaper and it's easier to find places that allow pets (I have a dog). If you have a car, consider making a brief commute (just make sure you have some safe way of getting home if you plan on drinking a lot in Marquette's bars).

Old 01-30-2007, 02:03 PM

760 posts, read 2,432,541 times
I agree with the above poster, Marquette is about double the housing prices in Negaunee. If you have the money to spend renting in Marquette your best bet is to just call the ads in the paper. There are some BEAUTIFUL apartments in some of these homes around here. We too have pets and had some difficulty finding a place to rent but it can be done

P.S. We currently live in Marquette, right by the dome.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:28 PM

6 posts, read 13,177 times
I moved here last June and have 2 cats of my own. I called every single apartment complex in Marquette, Negaunee, and Ishpeming, and the ONLY one that allows cats are the Northwoods Apartments just west of Marquette (and they didn't have any apartments available when I moved into town). The only way that I was able to get an apartment that allowed cats was to call the ads listed in the Mining Journal.

I'm not sure if Marquette is truly double the price of Negaunee, but it's definitely more expensive. I was moving from a city of 300,000, so I decided I'd rather pay more and stay in a town with 20,000 than move all the way down to a 5,000 person town.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:19 PM

14 posts, read 65,152 times
Drink at Northwoods, it's halfway to Negaunee anyway!

i was in a divided house two blocks from campus and a dog was not a problem, I think another person had a cat.
if it's NOT a complex you are likely to have better luck with the pets

Old 02-26-2007, 03:02 PM

71 posts, read 201,414 times
Just don't tell your landlord you have a cat, If you can hide it you'll be ok. I wouldn't suggest living in Nagaunee, if only because the drive in the winter to Marquette is horrible in the winter.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:44 AM

760 posts, read 2,432,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogStar5988 View Post
Just don't tell your landlord you have a cat, If you can hide it you'll be ok. I wouldn't suggest living in Nagaunee, if only because the drive in the winter to Marquette is horrible in the winter.
The drive from Negaunee is horrible in the winter??? Compared to winter in florida maybe. I make the drive several days a week and have never had a bad drive let alone a horrible one. The county plow trucks are wonderful with keeping the main roads clear. I have had much worse drives living in the Grand Rapids area (where the plowing can be spotty) then here.

From personal experience many years ago......... don't try to hide the cat! Thought I was doing a good job hiding mine until I got the notice to get rid of the cat or get out. I chose to leave

Old 02-27-2007, 11:32 PM

71 posts, read 201,414 times
Maybe not so much in Nagaunee but I lived in Ishpeming for a year and hated the commute to Marquette, so I guess I am kind of bias against the area. :P

Old 03-15-2007, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 6,222 times
Default Retired and lovin it

Greetings all, I"m mike and I want to return to the woods of my ancestors, seriously I just retired at age 50 from gm flint took the buyouts etc. etc. and I want to move to marquette area or negaunee or ??? Can anyone refer me to an apt complex or ??? I need a place to live and go from there. If I can get some advice or bearings, I"ll be heading up there as soon as the weather breaks and get a look see. I'm single again and would need a mellow place away from the college living areas in marquette [bless those youngin"s anyway} Baby, theres a whole lotta livin to be done....Please can anyone help me escape from flint.....Thank you much, Mike.....

Last edited by Mike B 73; 03-15-2007 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: logic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan