Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:21 PM

749 posts, read 2,771,034 times

Advertisements

Fall is my hands down favorite season, followed by Winter.

I love the crisp air , the bright blue sky, the riot of color from the leaves. I love apple cider, fresh donuts from the Orchards, picking pumpkins, apples, making pies. Turkey and deer hunting. The smell of leaves, wood burning stoves, crunching leaves under foot. A blue sky in October looks so different than a blue sky in July, it just has a different look and feel to it. Fall is fabulous and I love it.

What about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 08:23 PM

302 posts, read 580,237 times
This is my first fall in Michigan and it is beautiful. I love walking in our woods and just listening to the wind blowing through the trees and hearing the leaves fall. In CA we got a little hint (after the 100 plus degree days and the fires) of fall but it was nothing like what we've seen here. The other morning when we got up there was ice on our deck and my California kiddos were out "skating" on it. What a memory!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:50 PM

132 posts, read 460,888 times
Apple picking = fall for me. I love the spicy smell of pies and applesauce. And chili. Fall requires copious amounts of chili.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:08 PM

504 posts, read 2,175,035 times
I totally agree. I also moved here from the West coast and before that deep South, and Fall is hands down my favorite season here (followed by Winter). This is our third fall. I live in a maple-oak-birch forest, and I can hardly bring myself to come indoors this time of year. It's breath taking! The selection of apples here is incredible! I've tried several varieties and hope to go through several more this year. It's wonderful! I talked my mom into coming up from Louisiana for a visit, and I think she's going to be here for "peak" color! I can't wait to see her reaction! I've never been to New England for fall, but I can't imagine it's any better than here. Far fewer people I'd imagine too.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:31 AM

859 posts, read 2,148,010 times
Apples, baking ( I bake a lot) , The smell in the woods, Beef stew ,
We went out for a nice walk yesterday with the Boxers and even they got all sniffy lol

Old 10-08-2008, 06:04 AM

845 posts, read 3,270,532 times
Apple picking, Cider Mills (especially the Franklin Cider Mill in the village of Franklin) and hay-rides. Pumpkins, leaf piles and cool crisp air. Fall is my favorite season in fact.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:33 AM

524 posts, read 941,966 times
I live in Katy, Texas which is summer most of the time! Fall has always been the signal of fun to come! When fall began, we would jump into piles of leaves that the neighbors had raked up, smell the leaves burning from around the neighborhood, and get a break from the Texas heat! The cooler weather put everybody in a good mood and all of the kids knew that the holidays were almost here. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years were coming, all one right after the other!

I love all of the seasons… fall because of what I just wrote, winter, and spring! I like it when summer comes, but it is too hot and stays too long; down here we do not get the four definite seasons like most places. I have been in shorts at Christmas time… that sucks because it does not feel like Christmas when you are at 87 degrees. In 2004 it snowed for the first time ever at Christmas Eve! J

Here are some fall family pictures mixed with fall pictures I found on the net! Have a great day everybody!

Favorite Fall sites, smells activites...-100_3291.jpg

Favorite Fall sites, smells activites...-100_8538.jpg

Favorite Fall sites, smells activites...-im004768.jpg

Favorite Fall sites, smells activites...-wme-011.jpg

Favorite Fall sites, smells activites...-19_08_103_web-1-.jpg

Favorite Fall sites, smells activites...-19_02_97_web-1-.jpg

Favorite Fall sites, smells activites...-fallharvest-1-.jpg

Favorite Fall sites, smells activites...-keszthely_23.jpg

Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 AM

188 posts, read 607,346 times
Anything and everything MISnowFlake - I miss it all. I keep a picture of the Jordan Valley on my desktop at work and call home twice a week. Fall is my favorite, winter is the best. I wanna go home!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:32 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Celebrating when the HighSchool Football team loses by less than 30 points!

Canoing on the Huron River with a stop at the cider mill.

Dodging deer on my way home fromwork.

Watching a flock of 1000 birds land in a tree. (What are those black birds that migrate in such huge flocks?

Warming up by a fire (inside or out).

Jumping in pile of leaves (no I will never grow out of that)

Cool, crisp evening walks

Old 10-10-2008, 10:31 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Ahhh, almost makes me miss the chilly seasons. I do love fall in MI though. Can almost smell the chili cooking and the sounds of the Detroit Lions getting their butts kicked in the background. Love the cider mills. The leaves. Love the autumn decorations, getting out the warm clothing, having a fire...

Just can't stand the winter, that is the only downside of autumn in MI for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: