Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:58 AM

334 posts, read 1,497,540 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen the packets of yorkshire pudding mix where you just add an egg and water? I can't find them in the grocery stores. Up in Canada they are in the same area as the packets of seasonings and gravy mixes. I would bring some down but my husband thinks that we wont be allowed to bring them over the border since they are made with flour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 04:55 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,754,732 times
Yorkshire Pudding mix? I've never seen it in my life. I never knew it existed. My suggestion is to Google for the brand you have in mind and see if their website lists retailers, or faster still, see if you can order a box online.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:43 PM

2 posts, read 7,562 times
Default yorkshire from Canada

My sister mails it to me from Toronto and I always get them okay so I don't think there is a problem bringing them across the border. You can also order them on line at [URL="http://www.jollygrub.com"]www.jollygrub.com[/URL]. The mix is real good although the shipping is more than the cost so order a few of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgirl45 View Post
Has anyone seen the packets of yorkshire pudding mix where you just add an egg and water? I can't find them in the grocery stores. Up in Canada they are in the same area as the packets of seasonings and gravy mixes. I would bring some down but my husband thinks that we wont be allowed to bring them over the border since they are made with flour.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:54 PM

2 posts, read 7,562 times
Default More Yorkshire Pudding Mixes

I forgot - you can also get Yorkshire Pudding Mix on line at the Vermontcountrystore.com They have have fast shipping and cheaper postage. Their boxes also have 3 mixes.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:33 PM

261 posts, read 780,445 times
I've brought packet mixes of all sorts into the US from both Canada and UK with no problems at all. Having said that I always found it hard to get my yorkshires to rise properly in Michigan not sure why but they were always a bit flatter than at home.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattoncat View Post
I forgot - you can also get Yorkshire Pudding Mix on line at the Vermontcountrystore.com They have have fast shipping and cheaper postage. Their boxes also have 3 mixes.
Thank you. My husband found some at a store in Sarnia, Ont, and was able to bring them across the border without incident. The agent at the border saw them, and didn't say anything.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Horizon View Post
I've brought packet mixes of all sorts into the US from both Canada and UK with no problems at all. Having said that I always found it hard to get my yorkshires to rise properly in Michigan not sure why but they were always a bit flatter than at home.
I agree, they are a little "sad" as we call it back home. I imagine it is an altitude thing, so maybe if you add some flour to the pack. Hmmm, worth looking into.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:28 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,754,732 times
I Googled for this and some Yorkshire Pudding mad scientist says they fall flat if you remove them from the oven too soon. In the malarial swamp that is Michigan I find I often have to bake all kinds of things longer than usual to prevent them from having a liquid center. Maybe give it 5 or 10 more minutes?

Old 11-28-2008, 05:13 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgirl45 View Post
Thank you. My husband found some at a store in Sarnia, Ont, and was able to bring them across the border without incident. The agent at the border saw them, and didn't say anything.
What??!!!

You smuggled illegal Yorkshire Pudding into the USA?And now you have the gall to brag about it on the internet?

They will find you young lady and you will pay for your life of crime.

I hope that pudding is worth it. They do not serve Yorkshire pudding in prison!

Old 11-29-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
What??!!!

You smuggled illegal Yorkshire Pudding into the USA?And now you have the gall to brag about it on the internet?

They will find you young lady and you will pay for your life of crime.

I hope that pudding is worth it. They do not serve Yorkshire pudding in prison!
You're kidding, right?? Like I said, the agent looked at the package and approved it.
I thought they only served bread and water in prison....unless your're in prison in...Yorkshire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan