Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:22 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,932,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by descog View Post
the payments are current , so gmac wont work with me. I don't live in the home and can't find a renter. My credit is good so far ,what are my options
Credit doesn't mean that much anymore , its cash that counts, preserve it at all costs.! What ever you do , remember that , and let your decisions be based on it. Sad , but , its called survival......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 10:07 AM

7 posts, read 20,124 times
Im trying to sell and its not moving? Im not behind but there isnt any work for hubby here..We want to go up north so bad..

Old 01-18-2009, 06:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by descog View Post
the payments are current , so gmac wont work with me. I don't live in the home and can't find a renter. My credit is good so far ,what are my options
If you lived in it would it save you money?

Old 01-24-2009, 09:19 AM

6 posts, read 18,397 times
welcome 2 d club, the same thing happened to us and we r in florida, there r so many houses in foreclosure dat the market is overwhelm, no one is buying, there r places dat d banks r selling fixeruppers for 500 $$$ i left, came back and am just living in a house thats not doing nothing im not paying it, is in between foreclosure and shortsale team, so we r just practically waiting to get kicked out, but im not putting one more penny in this 4ever fixer upper, 12 years lost. hey go to u tube and check out earthship, is d future my friend, THE FUTURE!!!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 09:22 AM

6 posts, read 18,397 times
hon i just came from up north . theres nothing there but cold!!! , no wrk either, i went to maine to pa and to va, im glad to be in the warm, not working do

Old 01-24-2009, 10:18 AM

Default Its all about Income.

We hear a lot of sad stories , we also hear a lot of folks saying its your own damn fault , for not managing wisely. For not having at lest 12 months of survival funds saved up. Susie Orman talks a good line , however , reality is a different story. Most people live from paycheck to paycheck , with little in the bank for a rainy day. credit card debt , ranks the highest as a debt you can't buy your self out of, probably the biggest reason people can't save.
The Home loan deals , Sub prime , Mc Mansions on a trailer budget , also drag down a family's ability to get ahead. It just costs a lot , today , to live ! We have grown so accustomed to lifestyles that now , are no longer affordable.
Its all about income. Even the Sub prime juice loans can be affordable , also the multi credit card payments , the insurance , the medical bills , gas , utilities , entertainment , home improvements , and car payments , can be affordable , if , you have the income. Those that do , seem to get by , those that don't , keep getting further behind , just , to pay the interest on the loans.
Bottom line here , is , we do not make enough to survive in the manor we are accustomed to. Spendable income has gone down , while all other costs have increased , including taxes. Big business and Government has put such
a squeeze on the people , that , one or two stumbles can wipe you out.
The outcome is that the average person will have to adjust their life to except all this. Same thing went on in the 30s , no one had any money. Its happening again. Those with the funds , will be buying up all the once equity laden properties for pennies on the dollar. They have been waiting for this day to come , while the rest of us , just sit there , and , take it. The haves and the have nots are getting easer to identify . The next thing we will see is riots in the streets , higher crime , and an eventual revalue-restructure of the system. Most of the taxes are paid by the middle class ,once they are gone , there will be little for our Government to use to finance wars , and provide services , including repairing our infrastructure.
Cash rules , be it Gold and silver , or just the paper stuff , if , you have enough of it.....

Old 01-24-2009, 02:10 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
We hear a lot of sad stories , we also hear a lot of folks saying its your own damn fault , for not managing wisely. For not having at lest 12 months of survival funds saved up. Susie Orman talks a good line , however , reality is a different story. Most people live from paycheck to paycheck , with little in the bank for a rainy day. credit card debt , ranks the highest as a debt you can't buy your self out of, probably the biggest reason people can't save.
The Home loan deals , Sub prime , Mc Mansions on a trailer budget , also drag down a family's ability to get ahead. It just costs a lot , today , to live ! We have grown so accustomed to lifestyles that now , are no longer affordable.
Its all about income. Even the Sub prime juice loans can be affordable , also the multi credit card payments , the insurance , the medical bills , gas , utilities , entertainment , home improvements , and car payments , can be affordable , if , you have the income. Those that do , seem to get by , those that don't , keep getting further behind , just , to pay the interest on the loans.
Bottom line here , is , we do not make enough to survive in the manor we are accustomed to. Spendable income has gone down , while all other costs have increased , including taxes. Big business and Government has put such
a squeeze on the people , that , one or two stumbles can wipe you out.
The outcome is that the average person will have to adjust their life to except all this. Same thing went on in the 30s , no one had any money. Its happening again. Those with the funds , will be buying up all the once equity laden properties for pennies on the dollar. They have been waiting for this day to come , while the rest of us , just sit there , and , take it. The haves and the have nots are getting easer to identify . The next thing we will see is riots in the streets , higher crime , and an eventual revalue-restructure of the system. Most of the taxes are paid by the middle class ,once they are gone , there will be little for our Government to use to finance wars , and provide services , including repairing our infrastructure.
Cash rules , be it Gold and silver , or just the paper stuff , if , you have enough of it.....
Most of the tax base is paid by big business. Remember those dam oil companies??? Just to mention one. Just wait until next year when they file less profit. The wealthy also pay a high percentage.

Last edited by Driller1; 01-24-2009 at 02:32 PM..

Old 01-24-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Most of the tax base is paid by big business. Remember those dam oil companies??? Just to mention one. Just wait until next year when they file less profit. The wealthy also pay a high percentage.
According to the GAO two-thirds of the largest Corporations pay no income tax. Twenty eight percent of Foreign Corporations doing business in the US , pay no taxes.... To quote Warren Buffet, one of the worlds most wealthy persons, . " My secretary pays more taxes than I do ". Check out the facts , in over all , per person , actually the poor pay the most taxes.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:06 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
According to the GAO two-thirds of the largest Corporations pay no income tax. Twenty eight percent of Foreign Corporations doing business in the US , pay no taxes.... To quote Warren Buffet, one of the worlds most wealthy persons, . " My secretary pays more taxes than I do ". Check out the facts , in over all , per person , actually the poor pay the most taxes.
The Tax Foundation - Record Taxes Paid before Record Oil Profits

Who Pays the Most Income Tax?

Old 01-24-2009, 08:22 PM

147 posts, read 522,168 times
Quote:
I saw all this coming more than a year ago , I finally gave up on selling my house , the conventional way. I put it on Ebay , took a big hit , for cash , but at lest I am out of it. If I had waited , there would have been a real loss , or , I would have been stuck with it for years....I took the money and ran......best thing I have ever done.

Wow Darstar, that must have been scary. You have a good attitude....I would have melted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan