Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 11:31 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedershack View Post
hear is a interesting note though. so what if we have gold or if they have gold. its only valuable because we make it valuable.
WE don't make it valuable. It is valuable in the marketplace because of its rarity, durability, and illustrious presence - sort of like Natalie Dylan . . . minus the durability.

Natalie Dylan Auctions Off Virginity For Offers Of Up To $3.7 Million
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 11:54 AM

Hmmmm

A one-time shot at saving the American Economy?

QUICKLY - Get the demographers to tally America's reserve of 22 year old attractive virgins compared with virgin reserves of all other countries!

This may be the chance we've been looking for.

Might be the ultimate bargaining chip in defusing Islamic suicide terrorists.

One small step towards peace in the Mid East?

Old 01-14-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
It is valuable in the marketplace because of its rarity, durability, and illustrious presence - sort of like Natalie Dylan . . . minus the durability.

Of course, if I were Natalie's Financial Advisor, I would strongly recommend that she receive payment only in gold.

It might lend back some of her lost durability.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:14 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
Hmmmm

A one-time shot at saving the American Economy?

QUICKLY - Get the demographers to tally America's reserve of 22 year old attractive virgins compared with virgin reserves of all other countries!

This may be the chance we've been looking for.

Might be the ultimate bargaining chip in defusing Islamic suicide terrorists.

One small step towards peace in the Mid East?
Why not , I guess ? . We have already prostituted about everything else we own , or , gave it away for free , to the the rest of the wanting world........

Old 01-14-2009, 02:09 PM

14 posts, read 23,172 times
Quote:
WE don't make it valuable. It is valuable in the marketplace because of its rarity, durability, and illustrious presence - sort of like Natalie Dylan . . . minus the durability.

all of those things that you listed are determined by us. So yes it is made valuable by us. water is much more valuable isnt it. food is much more vaulable. once again objects that are not needed for life are deemed valuable because we make it. I am looking at it has needs and wants and gold is a want. Ill take the great lakes over gold any day samething with fields.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
all of those things that you listed are determined by us. So yes it is made valuable by us. water is much more valuable isnt it. food is much more vaulable. once again objects that are not needed for life are deemed valuable because we make it. I am looking at it has needs and wants and gold is a want. Ill take the great lakes over gold any day samething with fields.
Gold is not a renewable resource, like water. Gold is money , real money on the word scale. Those that have it , as a hedge , will always be rich. Don't put it in the same category as other wants and needs, unless , of coarse you have no use for money.......

Old 01-14-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Gold is not a renewable resource, like water. Gold is money , real money on the word scale. Those that have it , as a hedge , will always be rich. Don't put it in the same category as other wants and needs, unless , of coarse you have no use for money.......
i did not know that water is renewable. i mean i did know that you can create it with some h2 and some and little bit of energy but cant that be the same with gold just takes a little bit more energy. money is what humans make it. money is a scale not a substance. you can only make something of value if you value it. that is my point. gold is only as valuable as we make it. I now understand why we dont back up our economy with precious metals because it works the same way. just because you think something is worth 5 dollars doesnt mean i do. do you understand what i am trying to say?

Old 01-14-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Try paying your college tuition to the University of Washington with water from Lake Superior. They might not accept gold either, but they would accept a negotiable instrument converted from the gold, like a cashier's check (depends on which bank), or possibly even Federal Reserve Notes.

Water from Lake Superior isn't cheap to transport, and damn it, it evaporates - almost as quickly as the value of Federal Reserve notes in 2008-2009. Gold is very portable and doesn't evaporate - or corrode like GM stock certificates, hence its value as money.

Money is defined as something that has an intrinsic value that is easily recognizable as valuable to just about everyone, is durable, and is easily portable.

The Seattle Times: Local News: Heavy rains flood houses, force evacuations

Old 01-14-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
i did not know that water is renewable. i mean i did know that you can create it with some h2 and some and little bit of energy but cant that be the same with gold just takes a little bit more energy. money is what humans make it. money is a scale not a substance. you can only make something of value if you value it. that is my point. gold is only as valuable as we make it. I now understand why we dont back up our economy with precious metals because it works the same way. just because you think something is worth 5 dollars doesnt mean i do. do you understand what i am trying to say?
Aside from the apple and oranges discussion here about what Gold is worth , there are places that value gold more so , than women in this country value diamonds. India is the best example. Gold is rooted deep in their culture , a must have for a bride to be , or a family's net worth in society....and , India has the second largest population in the world, or , the largest depending on how you measure it. Just one example , of , the personal value of gold , outside , the intrinsic value as the worlds real money. Everyone should have some in their portfolio , just in case.......

Old 01-14-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Aside from the apple and oranges discussion here about what Gold is worth , there are places that value gold more so , than women in this country value diamonds. India is the best example. Gold is rooted deep in their culture , a must have for a bride to be , or a family's net worth in society....and , India has the second largest population in the world, or , the largest depending on how you measure it. Just one example , of , the personal value of gold , outside , the intrinsic value as the worlds real money. Everyone should have some in their portfolio , just in case.......

So you agree with me then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan