Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:39 AM

541 posts, read 984,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post
I saw on the news last night a man standing in Milford which is an affluent community holding a sign that read "Will work for food and diapers"

anyone who thinks the mall is an indicator of this economy is living under a rock. 9200 foreclosures in Oakland county last year alone. It real bad when people can't feed their families.

I think there are enough people yet to be affected its creating the illusion of prosperity.

I felt like driving to Milford and buying that poor guy a couple packs of diapers.
what stopped you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 AM

968 posts, read 2,588,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-IRISH View Post
what stopped you?

It was 10 at night and the story was shot during the day. If I see the guy standing out there when I drive by I will do it.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:46 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
I saw on the news last night a man standing in Milford which is an affluent community holding a sign that read "Will work for food and diapers"

anyone who thinks the mall is an indicator of this economy is living under a rock. 9200 foreclosures in Oakland county last year alone. It real bad when people can't feed their families.

I think there are enough people yet to be affected its creating the illusion of prosperity.

I felt like driving to Milford and buying that poor guy a couple packs of diapers.
Don't buy him disposable, buy cloth. Then he will have them.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Don't buy him disposable, buy cloth. Then he will have them.
Oh I know. I got 3 kids. 1 of which is still in diapers. That story really touched me. Maybe because I'm a father of 3 praying that I keep my job, living day to day.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:55 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
Quote:

Well hopefully in a good economy you help out people in need too. There are always people in need. A lot of them.

Not to be a cynic, but I'm guessing the guy didn't really need diapers. I don't know about Milford, but there are a lot of charities you can go to get free diapers if you really need them.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Well hopefully in a good economy you help out people in need too. There are always people in need. A lot of them.

Not to be a cynic, but I'm guessing the guy didn't really need diapers. I don't know about Milford, but there are a lot of charities you can go to get free diapers if you really need them.
People will stop and hand him cash...

Old 01-27-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
People will stop and hand him cash...
as the old saying goes"it's the thought that count's",we never know if,out of the goodness of our heart's,helping a stranger,is for the good or bad,the common ground between both,is that we helped.If more of these actions happened,i believe more and more communities would become better and brighter places for hope,whether it is for a theological or philosophical belief,history will not judge a man on his not taking action,only on his taking action.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-IRISH View Post
as the old saying goes"it's the thought that count's",we never know if,out of the goodness of our heart's,helping a stranger,is for the good or bad,the common ground between both,is that we helped.If more of these actions happened,i believe more and more communities would become better and brighter places for hope,whether it is for a theological or philosophical belief,history will not judge a man on his not taking action,only on his taking action.
Nope. People hate you for having the money to help them. It is never enough, never good enough. That is why I only give to animal welfare programs.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Nope. People hate you for having the money to help them. It is never enough, never good enough. That is why I only give to animal welfare programs.

LOL
when it comes time to shoot my food I'll know who to thank.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
so much wisdom,yet so little hope?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan