U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 07:37 AM

154 posts, read 179,106 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I will be coming from Toronto for two concerts in Pontiac on April 10 & 11. We are looking for accomodations close by in a safe area, preferably with activities to do during the day. As of right now we are considering coming back to Windsor each night or staying in Frankenmuth as it seems to have more to offer than any regular town.

If anyone has any better ideas or knows of any nice resorts in that area please let me know.

Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 08:52 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,628,261 times
I would stay in Royal Oak or Ferndale... it's about 20 min south on Woodward Ave... but a great nightlife/little shopping area!

Old 01-27-2009, 06:03 PM

7,358 posts, read 10,701,579 times
Tabb's right, there are no nice accomodations in Pontiac!

Old 01-27-2009, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,921 times
Welcome to Michigan! There's a great Holiday Inn Express in Waterford, which is the city right next to Pontiac, so it's a close 10-minute drive. I grew up in Waterford, spent 20 years there, so I know it's a great place and you will have everything you need.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - WATERFORD
4350 PONTIAC LAKE ROAD WATERFORD, MI 48328 UNITED STATES

If there happen to be no vacancies for some reason for the day you want, there is another hotel further down the road that would also work great.have fun in Michigan, and welcome!!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:35 AM

Thank you for the suggestions, I will definately look into them once I get home (90% of sites are blocked here at work). From looking and reading I sort of figured that Pontiac itself had nothing to offer.

Is there a large mall around anywhere as well?

Old 01-28-2009, 11:40 AM

34 posts, read 147,403 times
Might want to check out Auburn Hills. There is a large mall there (Great Lakes Crossing) and many hotels. It is close to Ponitac too. Not much nightlife though. If that is what you're looking for, try Royal Oak but then again there aren't any nice hotels there.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-bear View Post
Might want to check out Auburn Hills. There is a large mall there (Great Lakes Crossing) and many hotels. It is close to Ponitac too. Not much nightlife though. If that is what you're looking for, try Royal Oak but then again there aren't any nice hotels there.
We will not be looking for nightlife really as we don't drink. The plan after the concert is most likely just to head back to our room. It will be the daytime before the shows where we will be looking for things to do.
I will take a look at that mall and see what it has to offer, thanks!

Old 08-05-2009, 05:57 PM

3 posts, read 8,263 times
There is a new Holiday Express by Great Lakes Crossing- off Baldwin. Next to Great Lakes Shopping, the Palace. Meijers, Applebee's, Olive Garden,
Movies, near DTE theater. Also a Crowne Plaza Hotel at Opdyke and University. (not far from Oakland U)

Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,100,590 times
I'd also suggest the Holiday Inn in Waterford. If you want to stay close to the concert thats the place I'd suggest. Mainly because it's and easy trip right down 59 with no freeways to worry about. If you want to just go back to your hotel after the shows it's fast and easy. Depending on what your looking to do during the day you are still close enough to drive to one of 2 malls if you choose. There is also a good movie theater close to it, a Harley dealer if you like to window shop for bikes, couple of lakes close bye as well. I'd agree that Auburn Hills and Royal Oak would be better for offering more to do, but both are still close enough to drive too even if you stay in Waterford. Have fun eh.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:25 PM

153 posts, read 267,799 times
I agree about the new Holiday Inn Express next to Great Lakes Crossing. There is a nice movie theater in the mall. I also highly suggest you eat at the Longhorn Steakhouse across the expressway, they have been voted best steakhouse in Oakland County by the Oakland County Press for at least the last 2 years that I've seen. I live near Flint and I go there quite frequently. Great Prime Rib. Mmmm!! Oops I was following along with the others and see they came in April. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan