Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:16 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,275,474 times

Advertisements

I'd love the OP to post a link with any proof he/she may have found in all those years of ghosthunting. No disrespect but I am the worlds biggest skeptic. With the technology we have why is it there is never anything that can be considered real proof.
I've watched Ghost Hunters and those other shows and feel they are all faked. I wish I could see something, anything to change my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 08:19 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
great group of folks on the west side...

West Michigan Ghost Hunters Society

Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times
Gotta check out the state hospital ruins in Northville, if they're still standing.

Yep.

An insane asylum.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Gotta check out the state hospital ruins in Northville, if they're still standing.

Yep.

An insane asylum.
Pretty sure they bulldozed those a long time ago Yaz.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:12 PM

I know this is not a photo thread but here is my haunted swimming pool. lol I assure you this is not a photoshop trick. It is one image and one image only.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:24 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Quote:

Yep.

An insane asylum.
When we were teens, we used to sneak into that place at night and look around. We found some really neat stuff in there. The best was a log book kept by a former warden. It had some funny entries and some that were shocking. When we found something like a bent spoon, we liked to make up stories about what it was for or how it got that way. The stories were probably far from the truth (i.e. someone dropped the spoon and the floor and stepped on it). We also found a room with shackles or handcuffs or something attached to the wall. I do nto remember it well but we thought that room was very exciting.

Once we brought dates to break into the insane asylum with us. We thought it was really cool, but our dates were not impressed, just scared. No second date there.

The only scary thing we ever found in there, was a bunch of peace officers who somehow learned that we were inthere and came with flash lights and searched the place. We hid outside in the bushes. After they left, we went back in while they searched the outside area for us. They had a car sitting near our car for half the night (our car was parked about a quarter mile away with a note saying "Out of Gas be back soon"). They seemed to fall for it becuase they did not tow the car or boot it or anything, they just watched it for a long time. We could not leave until morning. It was an exciting night, but no ghosts, not even any creepy noises that could not be attributed to one of my friends trying to scare everyone.

We may not be talking about the same place. The one right in northville was still open when I was a teen (one of the guys who broke into the looney prison with us ended up at northville state hospital or whatever it was called, for a while). It was open within the past 20 or so years. It was more for the treatment of depression and drug abuse than for criminally insane people.

The one that we snuck into was near a prison. It was not the one that is pretty much in town, it is out a ways. It was for people who committed crimes but were found unfit to stand trial. There was a huge empty field behind it, we sometimes drove on a dirt track throughthe field and got pretty close to the place so we did not have to walk so far, but it was risky because our car was pretty obvious sitting in a field less than half a mile away. You could park in the front, but you could only get in through the back so if you parked int he front, you had a long long walk. There was a prison nearby (within sight) and a sherriffs building fairly close to it (that is where the officer who searched for us came from). It may have been technically within the boundries of Livonia, or Plymouth I do ntoremember exactly where, but it was pretty close to northville.

About the same time, I used to maintain the old graveyards around Lyon township. There were really old small rural graveyards dating back to the early 1800s. It got spooky if I had to work into the evening to get done. IN some places I was the only person around for quite a distance and I was alone. It is kind of hard to get scared while mowing though with all the noise and everything. I once saw something that I could not explain, but thinking back on it I believe that it was probably the reflection of distant headlights on a tombstone.

Last edited by Coldjensens; 08-11-2009 at 09:51 PM..

Old 08-11-2009, 09:38 PM
YAZ

We did the same thing.....

CJ, beer was involved.

We never got caught, but man....it was quiet in there.

Too quiet.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
I know this is not a photo thread but here is my haunted swimming pool. lol I assure you this is not a photoshop trick. It is one image and one image only.

spoooooky....

OK.

Who is it?

Old 08-11-2009, 10:38 PM

271 posts, read 664,824 times
Some say the Lamplight Inn in Central Lake is haunted.

Also not sure of the exact location, but one of my teachers in school lived in an apartment in Petoskey, someone was murdered in it years back, and she talked about some weird experiences and finally moved.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
spoooooky....

OK.

Who is it?

It's a ghost. Booooooaaaaaahhhhh hahahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan