Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 08:04 PM

3 posts, read 10,205 times

Advertisements

Ask Autoblog: How are Michigan roads made? - Autoblog This article makes a great point. You wanna compare the same climate? Try a few hundred yards east. Windsor has the everything. Why aren't their roads f-ed up? But then again I'm asking the same people who think Detroit is a clean, safe city because one street downtown is halfway decent but the rest is filled with burnt shacks. I started this thread in the first place because I'm sick of people from Michigan (on other states threads) acting like their state is this clean, beautiful paradise. Wow you guys got Fox theater, paczkis, pasties, and greedy, overpaid, uneducated autoworkers. I was looking at a thread for Miami and this moron is like...."Detroit is so great, it makes Miami look like crap". Blah blah. Then about 5 other michiganders chime in and praise detroit and other ghetto places like flint and lansing. Then if someone replies and tells the truth about detroit and how crappy things are, like how bad the roads are, they all get in a hyper fit and act like no one can form a realistic negative view about most of the populated areas in Michigan. I have yet to meet one person in person that has moved to Michigan and is enjoying it. It has been 100% negative feedback. You don't get that here. Im done here. I know you hate me. Just like like I hate you on my Florida thread spouting off your "michigan rules, Detroit is #1" bull. Michigan will continue to crumble. I will not plague you with reality anymore. lol Well, its 70 degrees here right now, so Im gonna put some shorts on and take a nice walk and then cruise on our sexy smooth roads with the top down in my procharged Z06. Florida..... I love you.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:10 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,248,735 times
Maybe some day you should get out of the city with it's green skies, and see the world. Maybe then you'd understand.

And by the way, Windsor is still hundreds of mile south of the Real Michigan.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:04 PM

147 posts, read 522,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
Ask Autoblog: How are Michigan roads made? - Autoblog This article makes a great point. You wanna compare the same climate? Try a few hundred yards east. Windsor has the everything. Why aren't their roads f-ed up? But then again I'm asking the same people who think Detroit is a clean, safe city because one street downtown is halfway decent but the rest is filled with burnt shacks. I started this thread in the first place because I'm sick of people from Michigan (on other states threads) acting like their state is this clean, beautiful paradise. Wow you guys got Fox theater, paczkis, pasties, and greedy, overpaid, uneducated autoworkers. I was looking at a thread for Miami and this moron is like...."Detroit is so great, it makes Miami look like crap". Blah blah. Then about 5 other michiganders chime in and praise detroit and other ghetto places like flint and lansing. Then if someone replies and tells the truth about detroit and how crappy things are, like how bad the roads are, they all get in a hyper fit and act like no one can form a realistic negative view about most of the populated areas in Michigan. I have yet to meet one person in person that has moved to Michigan and is enjoying it. It has been 100% negative feedback. You don't get that here. Im done here. I know you hate me. Just like like I hate you on my Florida thread spouting off your "michigan rules, Detroit is #1" bull. Michigan will continue to crumble. I will not plague you with reality anymore. lol Well, its 70 degrees here right now, so Im gonna put some shorts on and take a nice walk and then cruise on our sexy smooth roads with the top down in my procharged Z06. Florida..... I love you.
!!NOW I understand you... You're on LSD!! (See any tracers?)

Your personal hero: Timothy Leary? Geesh, No wonder you spew erratic thoughts! ~Pass the popcorn, this is fun.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:43 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
I love how this poster levels accusations against "Michigan", but obviously never left Wayne County. His perspective of Michigan is exceedingly narrow.

Really sad - and I highly doubt anybody is going to celebrate how great Detroit is. The suburbs hold their own, but everyone knows the city has major problems. You need to relax, Mirko. You're arguing against people that don't exist.

You moved. You prefer your new home. Let it go. We'll enjoy the endless miles of fresh water coast, beaches, sand dunes, cliffs, forests, four seasons... Beautiful state. I'd take it anyday over Florida, myself.

Last edited by Bluefly; 02-23-2009 at 01:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan