Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:38 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,351,220 times

Advertisements

My brother-in-law went to school with him. They wouldn't let him in their garage band because he couldn't sing. Seger lives in an exclusive part of Bloomfield Hills now, and they are all struggling to pay their bills. Long live the gargae band!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 05:42 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,275,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
NP, I'm not a big Seger fan, I tend to think of him as sort of a garage band. Heck, he played my jr hi and the ice rink in Livonia when I was a kid. LOL
Damn slammin Bob. You can call him a garbage band that's ok. I've been a Seger fan since I was a kid and have always thought his music was some of the best rock to ever come out of Michigan. I still get chill's when he starts talking about where him and his band are from on Live Bullet.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:41 AM

850 posts, read 1,898,246 times
what's a garage band? a band that sounds like its coming out of a garage?
if that's the case, bob segar is not a garage band. maybe you just don't care for him.
as for me, nothing like driving up north with live bullet blaring out my windows.....

Old 03-15-2009, 09:00 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,445,611 times
Yeah....garage band......that's funny. The Silver Bullet Band was/is only one of the tightest, most professional and capable bands on the planet. You want a garage band just go to any club and watch these brainless, talent lacking kids tryin' to play music today. What a joke!

I love it when someone slaps a label of description on something/someone and then immediately following claims to not know anything about it/them. Always good for a yuk or two.

Last I heard Seger had homes in Clarkson and up near me in the Good Hart area of Emmet County.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:43 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Yeah....garage band......that's funny. The Silver Bullet Band was/is only one of the tightest, most professional and capable bands on the planet. You want a garage band just go to any club and watch these brainless, talent lacking kids tryin' to play music today. What a joke!

I love it when someone slaps a label of description on something/someone and then immediately following claims to not know anything about it/them. Always good for a yuk or two.

Last I heard Seger had homes in Clarkson and up near me in the Good Hart area of Emmet County.
I said I think of them as a garage band, not that they were. I do. As I said, they played my jr. high and the local ice rink in Livonia and that would have been back in the late 60's maybe even early 70's. He is one of those artists that seem to appeal to men more than women, not that there aren't women who like him.

A guy I used to date in Harbor Springs told me he was at a bar there once and BS was at the bar having a beer. Then he said other patrons started singing his songs and he just got up and left. I can't say that I blame the guy.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:25 AM

497 posts, read 1,176,299 times
Shouldn't take offense at being called a "Garage Band." I'm betting Seger wouldn't. Most of the great bands of the 60's were "Garage" Bands. The Rascals, GFR and CCR among them. Heck Buddy Holly & The Crickets were a "Garage" Band. Simply meant they likely got together and practiced in their parent's garage. Could just as easily have been a "Basement" band.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:05 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
Back on topic, here's a link to Jeff Daniels' plugs:

The Michigan Economic Development Corporation: Multimedia - The Upper Hand Channel

They're very well done.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:38 AM

102 posts, read 338,361 times
They have been showing the Jeff Daniels plug for Michigan for over a year here in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan