U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 04:29 PM

14 posts, read 12,136 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any districts in Southeastern Michigan that are hiring teachers? I keep checking the Wayne/RESA website but nothing is posted.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 05:22 PM

47 posts, read 139,901 times
In what area are you looking? Sometimes there are job fairs where there are many districts to meet. I know that most staffing for next year is being done now so the districts should know soon what they need for next year.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:27 PM

21,093 posts, read 25,770,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemistry View Post
Does anyone know of any districts in Southeastern Michigan that are hiring teachers? I keep checking the Wayne/RESA website but nothing is posted.

Thanks

Here are several to try---

ANY district in New Mexico, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, in short ANYWHERE but Michigan.

Thanks for bringing laughter into my life. REALLY loved the humor in your post...

Old 04-20-2009, 06:49 PM

I know districts are doing their hiring now. That's why I'm asking. I'm not seeing postings or hearing of job fairs.

I'm certified in chemistry, physics and math, BTW.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:06 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,833,099 times
Here's to give you a ruff idea on what is out there in the education sector and what to expect

Where the Jobs Are: Sector Breakdown - Your Job, Your Life - Special Report - CNBC.com

Old 04-20-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
Here's to give you a ruff idea on what is out there in the education sector and what to expect

Where the Jobs Are: Sector Breakdown - Your Job, Your Life - Special Report - CNBC.com
Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm not in position to leave the state. I've heard that other states are looking for science teachers.

I was hoping that Granholm would approve the buy out for this year but no such luck. That might have created some jobs and eased the financial crisis for some districts.

I really don't want to go back to my every other week phone date with MARVIN.

I can't believe it's April 20th and there's nothing posted. This is the time when schools interview.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:22 PM

6,236 posts, read 8,840,190 times
Quote:
Originally posted by chemistry
Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm not in position to leave the state. I've heard that other states are looking for science teachers.

I was hoping that Granholm would approve the buy out for this year but no such luck. That might have created some jobs and eased the financial crisis for some districts.

I really don't want to go back to my every other week phone date with MARVIN.

I can't believe it's April 20th and there's nothing posted. This is the time when schools interview.
Of course Granholm wouldn't approve it. That would be intelligent and make sense--and she has no experience in either Seriously man, good luck but I would try and find a way to get out of MI. Beautiful state, great people, but no jobs.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:00 AM

29,152 posts, read 69,503,441 times
Every district that I know of just issued scores of pink slips. They have to tell everyone who might be laid off that they are being laid off in March and then later tell them that they are not being laid off after all. This goes on every year. It is a requirement of union rules. Aren't unions wonderful?

How they believe they are doing a service to their members by having them told year after year that they are being laid off and then re-hired before the start of the school year is inclear. You would think tha thte teachers would tire of the added stress and get the unions to change the rules so that onnly necessary pink slips get issued.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:11 AM

86 posts, read 213,942 times
New Mexico, at least Albuquerque, is not doing a job fair this year for teacher as there is not as many openings as there has been in the past (less than 10 district-wide as what I thought I heard).

Old 04-21-2009, 01:56 PM

6 posts, read 16,627 times
I feel your pain chemistry. I was hoping for that buyout too and it's curious that the No Worker Left Behind Program (that allows 2 years paid tuition) indicates that it is an approved program and area of employment that is GROWING and expected to GROW in Michigan. Ok, great..where? I guess I feel lucky that I can cash in on that (finishing my prep program) but I am not looking forward to trying to find a steady position anywhere in MI (Primary or Secondary) but like you I have to stay in michigan. Have you checked with the charter schools in your area? Adult ed programs maybe or intervention schools for troubled youths? Good luck and keep your chin up!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan