Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 08:58 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,655 times

Advertisements

TagTélé - Blue Gold, World Water Wars 01

I know people out there as of current are very down on Michigan right now. Yeah the auto industry in Detroit is diving and alot of jobs are have been and probably going to be lost in the shorter term. Not to mention all the small businesses around that use to serve the auto workers will probably be lost as well. And while I see glimmer of progress in the state as a whole. For the most part right I know the economy is tanking.

So at this point I'm sure your saying "Hey!" "By the title of this thread I thought this was going to be a positive thread."

Well it is. the video I have put at the beginning of this thread pretty clearly shows (In my opinion) why Michigan and it water shed is one of most land/water areas on earth. And why longer term Michigan over all (again in my opinion) only has a bright future with a very real possibility of rapid and constant growth in all it areas.
Look Michigan is ground zero for the worlds future water wars. Within the great lakes watershed there sits 20% of the worlds fresh...more importantly usable/drinkable water. The water shed's importance to America and Canada can not be understated. This is because of the U.S./world population growth coupled with rising sea levels, and changing rain patterns is making fresh (usable/drinkable) water alot more scarce. Now I know that people will say that we will just build desalination plants or find new well to drill and that will be able to meet the demands of the every growing population of the U.S./world. Even if these places really are not naturally meant to be able to sustain the population that are currently flowing into certain areas of the country. But what will be the the cost of the consumer to get the water to them? I'm guessing it is not going to be very cheap in fact it maybe prohibitively expensive to the lower classes of the American economy. So the argument of these stop gap measures is not that persuasive to me.
Granted no matter what all people both in Michigan, America, and around the world will have to learn to conserve water and treat just like the title of the movie I posted......treat is as blue gold.
But with that said. I believe if someone was to move to Michigan they would have and easier, more comfortable lifestyle than some one living in a lot of other parts of the country. This is because they are almost guaranteed to receive water most of their needs. I don't believe that can be said for all part of our country, and definitely not the world.
All in all when you look at the future and see the water shortages that are mostly likely coming to a country near you. You can see why Michigan in the longer term is going to be a very desirable place to live, work, and to raise a family. And in turn will re-elevate Michigan's importance on the world stage.

At least that's my opinion. And I'm sticking to it.

Oh on last thing. I apologize that the movie is in parts. I found a whole version of the video but it takes forever to load. But here it is.

Watch DivX (2009) Online Free

Also sorry about the French commercials at the beginning of the movie. Can't help it guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: