Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 02:54 PM
YAZ

7,697 posts, read 14,008,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Don't know of any dive clubs here on C-D, but they are around Michigan. We actually have some good diving here in the State. Here are a few site to "wet" your interest. A few are lists of dive shops around the state. I dealt with Sub-aquatic Sports and service in Battle Creek before and Rick and his staff will help you find what you need anywhere in the State, even if it means they don't make a dime.
Michigan Scuba Diving
3 Routes Michigan Scuba Diving Directory
Thunder Bay Scuba
Alpena, Michigan Scuba Diving Trip with Huron Scuba, Ann Arbor Michigan
Michigan Dive Directory

For some good diving look East toward Alpena and that area as well. There are 9 underwater preserves in Michigan and countless shipwrecks.
The link for the underwater preserves is here: DEQ - Michigan Underwater Preserves - Sites
Nice, Bydand.

That cold fresh water certainly preserves things.

I would love to dive the wrecks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,066 times
Thumbs up Thank You for Gaylord Post!

Hi everyone first off thank-you for the info. on Gaylord. I was able to find so much info about Gaylord. My older son moved to joburg (Johannesburg) 3 years ago from South Florida. It was a challenge for him the first year because of the winter time and buying a cheap snow blower! It broke the first time he used it!
Thankfully he had great neighbors and one of them blowed he's driveway until my son was able to get a better one.

I can't wait to retire and move in that area! I love the winter and snow. I love the wild life and small town feel. I love the peace and quiet. I have visited there 2 times so far. The first time was at Christmas and it was a white Christmas which was awesome then for Thanksgiving. The people are nice and laid back. I will be traveling there in the summer time this year can't wait! The lines at Walmart to check out is short compare to here. It was a hoot when I went in there and someone complained about the long line I turned around laughing and said this is nothing there is only 5 people in front of us where I come from it would be 15 in front of me. I also found out there seems to be a lot of people who came from palm beach county Fl that's the county I live in.

I know it is not perfect in a Gaylord and Joburg. Joburg has one gas station and 2 great resturants hopefully they will be able to open back up. It takes around 20 mins to get to town. However where I live a five min drive takes 15 min due to traffic and traffic lights. You can get drop calls from cell phones and I need to make sure I am able to get a signal for internet and tv. For me the positive will out way the negative.

Thanks again for the post it was very helpful. Ya'll have a happy healthy New Year and may God bless ya"ll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan